I have a JBed iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 and got myself into repeated SpringBoard crashes before I could figure out how to get out of mobile safe mode...

Narrowed it down to bluetooth being off and I was hoping someone could help. I'm sure this doesn't affect everyone as I used to be able to toggle bluetooth off before with no problems (but I usually leave it on so I'm not sure at what stage this started and what I might have installed / changed to cause this behaviour)

If bluetooth is on, I can boot normally and do everything as per usual. Bluetooth works fine (for both tethering and for handsfree). The moment I toggle it off (in SBSettings or from the Settings.app), SpringBoard crashes and I'm taken to safe mode.

If I respring/reboot without re-enabling bluetooth, it crashes to safe mode again as soon as the lockscreen appears.

I can enable / disable / enable bluetooth again and again in safe mode with no problems.

I've tried disabling *all* mobile substrate dylibs and it still crashes.

Here are the syslog and crashlog from the CrashReporter app:
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/juhn/i4crash/syslog.txt
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/juhn/...h/crashlog.txt
    They are logs of the crash with all MS extensions disabled.

I've tried doing a "reset network settings" and still no-go.

I'm sure I could just do a full restore, but I'd rather not and try figure out the cause of the problem instead; so can anyone offer up any suggestions?
    2010-08-21 02:30 AM
    Just a follow up, found the problem (thanks to some kind internet folk).
    Having the Tether SBSettings toggle shown causes SpringBoard to crash (and fail to reload) whilst bluetooth is deactivated. The toggle itself does actually work, just messes with bluetooth.
    I'll probably leave it installed though, I basically never deactivate bluetooth. I have the tether toggle installed because I don't like how tethering activates when I plug in my phone just to sync it...

Further followup:
    "SBSettings Tether Toggle" v1.0-1 by Ryan Petrich (BigBoss repo) is the one that crashes SpringBoard.
    "SBSetting Tethering Toggle" v1.0.1 by Filipe Pina (BigBoss repo) however works fine.
    Last edited by coonsie; 2010-08-24 at 05:12 AM.
    2010-08-24 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD