Hi all,

I messaged on this board the other night about my iphone home button being broken and I couldnt jailbreak.....with advice from some kind folk on here I got it all unlocked/jailbroke. I installed the application 'Activator' from Bigboss.....it does its job perfectly for allowing me to use the double tap on the status bar in replace of the home button.

But the issue I am stuck with that I need help with is that every app closes fine with the activator app....except cydia. No matter what command I put for the home button...swipe from left to right or using the volume buttons as the home button, cydia will not close. Which means I have to switch off the iphone and start it again just to get out of cydia.

Anybody know a way around this happening?

Thanks
    Danny
    2010-08-22 05:27 PM
    The only thing i can think of is doing a quick respring through SB settings.. Do you have that?you could try that out..
    Also, i you are good with your hands, you can also try opening up your phone and physically diagnosing your home button issue. I know there are two small lead wires that are connected to the button. When depressed, they make contact with a tiny exposed circuit board. Make sure they are not broken. Also, check to see if they are sticking out at the same distance. They are like springs. Very fragile too. (DO NOT attempt unless competent enough with your hands and electronics) and If that is the problem and daring enough, use a small flat head and gently bend the lead out and away from the button. Thus giving it a better chance of making contact with the board below. Dont forget to clean the contacts on the board too. Maybe its dirty? Who knows.
    Oh, and this is for iphone 3G BTW. I dont know what phone you have, and i've never opened a 3gs before. I can only assume its the same. Goodluck!
    2010-08-23 12:03 AM
    Hey bud,

It is a 3g I have. The strange thing is Sbsettings doesnt open up either whilst in cydia itself. I dont think I am confident enough to take apart the phone to be honest! I think I will do more damage to it.

I havent got a clue what is going on with it, it is just when I am in cydia it is playing up. Ah well back to the ol drawing board. I will keep searching!

Thanks again bud!!
    2010-08-23 12:33 AM
    Hey i had the same problem.. i fixed it by justing going to a some ad or website and it takes you to safari, kinda a pissoff.

Only thing was it was in doodle jump. but it worked everytime and in different apps too, that don't allow you to open sb settings.

correction... i never fixed it. i jus found another way.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.
    2010-08-23 12:37 AM
    Lol. Interesting.. Wondering y it wont work in cydia.. Oh well, best of luck!
    2010-08-23 02:42 AM
    Hey

I tried your idea about clicking on a advertisement within cydia and then get back to the homescreen that way. But no luck. I just cant get out of cydia! Is there any other apps that allow you to use other buttons in replacement for a broken home button?
    2010-08-23 01:12 PM
    None that i know of. Damn..now i have the same problem. I cleaned out a couple things then batt usage was amazing! Cycled the batt then i got my dreaded sun symbol..now i cant use SB settings in cydia either! And batt is draining fast again. ...
    I've got to get to the bottom of these substrate problems.
    2010-08-24 12:37 AM
    Thats the exact thing im experiencing! Cant open sbsettings or the activator gestures dont work whilst in cydia.....but are fine everywhere else!

Danny
    2010-08-24 01:37 AM
    Yeah i dont know. Probly just somethin about cydia app that is blocking the sbsetting from opening up. Y dont you try having a shop fix it if ur not confident enough to open it up?its just a home button. Should be like $20-$40max. Easy repair.
    2010-08-24 10:55 PM
    Hey bud,

It is a 3g I have. The strange thing is Sbsettings doesnt open up either whilst in cydia itself. I dont think I am confident enough to take apart the phone to be honest! I think I will do more damage to it.

I havent got a clue what is going on with it, it is just when I am in cydia it is playing up. Ah well back to the ol drawing board. I will keep searching!

Thanks again bud!!
    Did you try SBSettings/Processes and see if Cydia shows up? You can delete it there and it will shut it down (but it doesn't delete Cydia off the phone)?
    2010-09-24 08:40 PM
    I think it's because Cydia disables some commands for different things, to make sure they don't get in the way or interfere with installing new apps etc. I'm not sure if there is a way to still use activator while Cydia is open. Sorry I can't be of more help!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    2010-09-24 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD