Hello there I need some help. I have an iphone 3g 3.1.2 and last night after one of the new Cydia updates my phone went into the boot loop mode. The apple comes on the screen for about 10 seconds and then shuts back off. I haven't tried the ibeej because I don't know where to find it to download and how to use it.

I don't want to have to do a restore, because I don't want to lose my data, I have a lot of videos, pics and important info stored in Cydia's apps. Can somebody help me to retrieve my data or fix my problem? Your help would be appreciated and I will make a donation throught paypal as well.

Thanks in advance
    2010-08-23 05:48 AM
    only way to get it out of the loop, is to do a restore, but your should be able to access your files.

plug your phone into your PC,
    install this app:
    http://code google com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/detail?name=SetupiPhoneBrowser 1 93 exe
    (where there are spaces put a .)

that will let you browse all the files on your iphone. You should be able to get your pics and videos through it, as long as your phone stays on long enough.
    2010-08-23 10:55 PM
    I've tried that and the iphone browser doesn't reconize the device my friend, any other suggestion? Thank for your help.
    2010-08-24 08:11 PM
    did you try putting the phone into restore mode, and/or DFU mode, then try using the iphone browser?
    2010-08-24 09:18 PM
    Yes I did it my friend, restore mode is when it says connnect to itunes right? what about DFU mode? can u explain me how to do it? both way. thx
    2010-08-24 09:58 PM
    Recovery mode:
    1. Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
    2. Hold down the home button.
    3. While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
    4. Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode.
    5. The screen will now have the itunes logo, and the connection wire on the screen.

DFU mode:
    1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    2. Turn iPhone off.
    3. Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    4. Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    5. A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
    6. The screen should be blank

try either of these, then when your in DFU or recovery, open the iphone browser, and see if you can detect the device.

to get out of either of these modes, hold down the home and power button at the same time, for a hard reboot
    2010-08-24 10:09 PM
    If iPhone Browser doesn't recognize anymore your iPhone try download afc2add via Cydia should work !!!
    2010-08-24 10:17 PM
    Hi Sirjohn13, thank you but I cannot access to Cydia because the phone won't start
    2010-08-24 11:16 PM
    Mmmmmmmm When did you got your iPhone !!!! Maybe if nothing works you should check for a replacement, just saying.
    2010-08-25 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD