User Tag List

Hi All,
    Still being a new kid on the block(despite my advancing years) ,
    I had my phone Jb a few weeks ago (What an improvement)
    A few guys assisted me greatly whilst I was floundering in 'Technicals'
    You chaps know who you are.

This question, I need assistance with (Probably real simple)
    I have software version 3.1.3 SHOULD I upgrade too 4.0.2 ?
    IF I do will this undo my Jb ?

And finally I see a new version of 'iTunes' is available IF I apply this new version will I bugger up my Jbreak?

Thanks a lot.
    2010-09-02 03:07 PM
    No, you should not upgrade to 4.0.2. It will indeed break your jailbreak. The newest iTunes however is safe for jailbreaking.
    2010-09-02 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the info and assistance, Please clarify 'iTunes' Can I use the new version?
    2010-09-02 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the info and assistance, Please clarify 'iTunes' Can I use the new version?
    iTunes - the program you use on your pc or mac to manage songs, videos, and tv shows (as well as other media). Also used to sync your phone.

yes you can use the new version of iTunes (iTunes 10) for your phone with out undoing the jailbreak.
    2010-09-02 03:55 PM
    correct me if im wrong but 4.0.2 is jailbreakable with redsn0w as long is it isnt an iphone4? thats what someone told me on this site as i wanted to know if i could jb my new iphone
    2010-09-02 07:29 PM
    correct me if im wrong but 4.0.2 is jailbreakable with redsn0w as long is it isnt an iphone4? thats what someone told me on this site as i wanted to know if i could jb my new iphone
    Only 3g's are jailbreakable on 4.0.2.
    2010-09-02 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD