Hey guys...

So I have a lot of photos and videos and such on this iPhone 4. Today, I was checking my phone when it restarted and got stuck at the Apple screen. It won't mount when I connect it to my computer, not even when it's in recovery mode. I've tried to use irecovery and while I've done the commands about 10 times, it still won't boot up.

I have so many photos on that device that I'd like to not lose... something like 1,000 photos. I thought that the iTunes backup included the camera roll, but it doesn't...

My question: is there any way to get my files of of my iPhone? I just really want to access the DCIM directory and backup my photos to my laptop. If I can't, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and restore.

Thanks all!
    Mark
    2010-09-07 10:49 PM
    There's a post on here somewhere that tells you how to flash your hdd, which effectively taking a picture of everything on there, you can then use another program to extract pictures, I don't think it works with videos and I can't for the life of me remember the threads or the programs name. I could probs have a look for you Tmz wen I'm on my computer if you don't manage to find it by then

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-09-07 11:06 PM
    There's a post on here somewhere that tells you how to flash your hdd, which effectively taking a picture of everything on there, you can then use another program to extract pictures, I don't think it works with videos and I can't for the life of me remember the threads or the programs name. I could probs have a look for you Tmz wen I'm on my computer if you don't manage to find it by then

Thank you! Let me know if you find it... I'm still looking for solutions.
    2010-09-07 11:17 PM
    did u have SSH installed? if you have then you should be able to use it to get access to the phone even with the apple logo!
    2010-09-07 11:26 PM
    I'm in the same boat.

I have an iphone 4 with thousands of critical pics from vacation.
    Currently is stuck at Apple logo. Can get into/out of DFU/recovery, but nothing else. iRecovery reads the device, as does TinyUmbrella.

Browsers/Iphone Explorer, etc., does not.

I am searching for someone that mount it as an image and do the recover from there- will pay a nice fee for it. DM me please or respond to this thread.

If a tool must be created, would be willing to chip into the bounty.

Much thanks...

Oh...also; this guy:
    Mostly iPhone hacking

wrote a tool that can do exactly what I/we need...but it doesnt seem to work for the iPhone 4.I get a 3002 error.

He also has a similar idea here:
    Mostly iPhone hacking: Working iPhone recovery ramdisk with SSH ;-)

but I cannot locate the Restore Keys for the iphone 4. TheIphoneWiki.com does not have them listed (yet?).

If anyone knows where to locate the above keys, please chime in!
    Last edited by iphone4guy; 2010-09-08 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-08 01:19 AM
    so i guess just SSHing into the phone didnt work then... maybe diskaid cud help?!
    2010-09-08 02:30 PM
    ssh didnt work:neither did diskaid...anyone?! Help!
    2010-09-11 09:29 PM
    Do you all have WiFi sync installed? If so, uninstall from computer and try again.
    2010-09-11 09:46 PM
    No wifi sync installed. Anyone know anything about the 4s ramdisk keys?
    2010-09-13 08:50 PM
    Ssince when does iTunes not back up camera roll? Mine backs up just fine.
    2010-09-14 02:23 AM
    anyone found solution for this?

I got iPhone 4 stuck on boot logo after jailbreakme.com and Cydia updates and can not recover data I need solution badly as data on the phone is very valuable... no iTunes backup although (

hope to hear good news from someone
    2010-09-18 12:41 AM
    I agree with the above.. A regular back up in iTunes DOES save camera roll pics in addition to texts and settings and emails and contacts. If you failed to make regular backups then there's where your problem lies.

2010-09-18 01:10 AM
    I use iFunBox and have no issues ssh'ing into mine when I've been stuck at the boot logo a few times...also try switching USB ports.
    2010-09-18 12:19 PM
    Hey guys...

So I have a lot of photos and videos and such on this iPhone 4. Today, I was checking my phone when it restarted and got stuck at the Apple screen. It won't mount when I connect it to my computer, not even when it's in recovery mode. I've tried to use irecovery and while I've done the commands about 10 times, it still won't boot up.

I have so many photos on that device that I'd like to not lose... something like 1,000 photos. I thought that the iTunes backup included the camera roll, but it doesn't...

My question: is there any way to get my files of of my iPhone? I just really want to access the DCIM directory and backup my photos to my laptop. If I can't, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and restore.

Thanks all!
    Mark
    Did you ever have any luck with this???

I have an Iphone 4, on 4.3.2 firmware with Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 jailbreak. Had this for 4 months and everything has been fine. I did some updates in cydia, like 4, and it asked me to reboot. Ever since then, it's stuck on the apple logo. I followed the steps from a YouTube link to "Boot Tethered" from the same redsnow I used 4 months ago, 0.9.6rc16, and it goes through the processes and at the end the sceen on the phone goes white, and then you get a pineapple logo that hangs just as long as the apple logo did before. After I do a hard reset the pineapple logo, doesn' come back, but the apple logo does again, again, and again, after multiple hard resets and hangs.

So far:

1. I cannot get iphone explorer or iphone browser to recognize my iphone.
    2. I tried to ssh into it, but I don't think I have ssh installed on my iphone? I can see an IP in my linksys router for my iphone, but still can't connect to it.
    3. I used Redsn0w to boot in tethered mode as mentioned above, did not help.

I DO NOT want to reset my iphone to factory settings, I have a particular contact and some photos that I did not get to backup in a while.

I am wondering is there a way to make iphone explorer or iphone browser recognize my iphone in DFU or recovery mode?

Not sure if I should use a newer jb than the original 0.9.6rc16 that is one the phone when trying that tethered boot?

I'm looking for anything to try, or some way to boot it to get all my current pictures, texts, etc.

I don't think I have ssh installed on the iphone. Can't a custom redsnow be installed that would put ssh on the phone?? Anything?
    2011-09-30 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD