Lol, I made him say that. I tweeter Sunday is Funday to him and that was his reply
    I also asked if Sunday was funday, and I'm sure a lot of others asked too. Sorry to burst your bubble

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    2010-10-03 04:20 PM
    no jailbreak for you!
    2010-10-03 05:49 PM
    With two days passing since we heard the “Pod2g” hacker say that GreenPois0n Jailbreak 4.1 should be “days” away, iPhone owners have been checking for updates everyday.
    Two days later and its still not here, and it looks like we will not see the GreenPois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak today or on Sunday, which is thanks to a little tweet by p0sixninja, Chronic Dev Team hacker. You can read his Twitter account.
    Within the last hour the tweets included saying Sunday is “Patience Please!” day, and tweeting the message “It’s /not/ coming out tomorrow”. The last tweet said that while you will not see the latest GreenPois0n jailbreak Sunday, it doesn’t mean you will see it today either.
    So it looks like the jailbreak will come in days and not weeks, but you can chill for the rest of the weekend, it’s pretty much confirmed you will not see the GreenPois0n download this weekend.

p0sixninja tweeted:

"Sunday is a Funday" is dev team’s slogan, I believe ours is "Patience Please!"

It’s /not/ coming out tomorrow, I’m just getting sick of hearing dev teams slogan (as much as everyone else is sick of hearing ours =P)

And no that doesn’t mean it’s coming today either. Patience Please!!
    Dude, how many effin times do you have to be told that the "in days" tweet was from a damned parody account? Seriously, the ONLY comment thats been made by anyone credible was "be patient", "not today" and "not tomorrow"!

Stop. Please, just stop.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-10-03 06:04 PM
    That was his official twitter account actually

twitter.com/pod2g was the account that had said it was going to be released in days.
    2010-10-03 08:00 PM
    It needs to happen soon I'm tired of hearing about the apple tv jailbreak... Who even uses that thing ha ha. I need a jailbreak and unlock. Sorry I just got my hands on a 4 and it shipped with 4.1... Oh how I miss the good ol'days
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2010-10-03 08:37 PM
    Is it true that the jailbreak takes off the actual phone app if you jailbreak the iOS 4.1
    2010-10-03 09:27 PM
    No lol
    2010-10-03 09:32 PM
    That only happened to people who used the wrong version of redsn0w to jailbreak 4.1
    2010-10-03 09:41 PM
    That only happened to people who used the wrong version of redsn0w to jailbreak 4.1
    That's on the 0.9.5 version. The new 0.9.6 version works fine is available only for mac
    2010-10-03 10:02 PM
    a lil’ update for all those waiting for GreenPois0n jailbreak tool based on SHAtter exploit to jailbreak all devices on iOS 4.1 forever. Few days ago, ZekeFSM has Cut off a big distance to meet with Chornic Dev Team member p0sixninja to deliver him a new Apple TV. In the meeting, they took about lots of things including jailbreaking Apple TV, putting it in DFU mode and also talked about the jailbreak tool.

ZekeFSM cut off the distance and came back from the trip with no much secrets, but at least he could see the tool. He mentioned that it’s “Almost Done”, of course we know that pod2g the ex-Chronic Team member has confirmed that tool coming out in few days. In meantime, all you have to do is to sit tight, be patient and stay tuned!
    2010-10-04 01:47 AM
    I just had some Smart A post to me that you can jailbreak 4.1 with snowbreeze, when I read about the jailbreak How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with Snowbreeze 2.0.1 [Tutorial]

and other sites, I see that there are many problems and there seems to be no unlock at this time, he told me Yes yes thank you for helping! Obviously he knows something the rest of the internet does not!

(Why did I buy an Iphone and on AT&T?)
    You can jailbreak 4.1 on certain devices. If you don't upgrade to a STOCK Apple 4.1 your modem will not get upgraded and you CAN unlock it.

Most of the people that had problems where trying it on unsupported models like the 3gs new boot mc model and iPhone 4. They clearly did not read the supported device list.
    2010-10-04 10:51 AM
    an update on the highly anticipated release of iPhone iOS 4.1 jailbreak tool GreenPois0n now, as some further details have revealed that GreenPois0n is ‘almost’ ready for a public release.

That is according to this report from FSM. The author managed to meet up with p0sixNinja, who just so happens to be a member of Chronic Dev-Team, the guys who are currently working on GreenPois0n.

Apparently, the author managed to go the house of p0sixNinja, and talk about recent events in the jailbreaking scene, and also talk about the status on the release of GreenPois0n. Naturally, p0sixninja didn’t reveal too much about the tool, but the author did have this to say at the end of the article:
    ‘‘Guess what…I saw the tool…its almost done….and I’m still waiting.”

While this is no confirmation of a release yet, that single line has spread rapidly over the weekend, including a retweet by none other than retired iPhone hacker GeoHot, although this account has yet to be verified since he deleted his old one.
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-06 at 01:59 AM.
    2010-10-04 01:58 PM
    This latest bit of info only adds to the excitement for iPhone and iPod Touch users around the world. Hopefully we’ll be bringing you the full download and instructions soon.
    Who is "we"? You won't be bringing anything to us. All you've done is copy/paste from rumor sites and blogs, adding nothing of value. You have no clue when a jailbreak will release. You could have saved yourself time by simply posting " I have no idea since I'm in no way shape or form involved with any devs, but my wild a*s guess is in a few days."
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-10-05 12:14 AM
    That's on the 0.9.5 version. The new 0.9.6 version works fine is available only for mac
    So does that work for iPhone 4 with new redsnow for Mac? On 4.1
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button
    2010-10-05 12:43 AM
    No it only works on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2g mb model
    2010-10-05 12:49 AM
    Going back to 4.0.1 is looking better and better all the time. No worries though, it'll come in good time. I like my #pie cooked and not raw
    2010-10-05 01:49 AM
    Who is "we"? You won't be bringing anything to us. All you've done is copy/paste from rumor sites and blogs, adding nothing of value. You have no clue when a jailbreak will release. You could have saved yourself time by simply posting " I have no idea since I'm in no way shape or form involved with any devs, but my wild a*s guess is in a few days."
    yes that was a copy paste of an update which was posted from this site
    to post an update you don't need to be a dev team member , this thread covers all iOS 4.1 related updates, news which can be posted by any modmyi.com user
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-05 at 02:37 AM.
    2010-10-05 02:30 AM
    It's not a matter of CAN you. It's a matter of SHOULD you.

There has not been any open statements about the release date or even an eta. That means ALL else is speculation, and well, there's already plenty of that floating around.

There's a reason that the writers at this site haven't been posting news about the release date of the jailbreak. That's because there isn't any.

I understand you're excited and trying to inform others, but you aren't informing others of any facts. Only speculation based on other's speculation and made up rumors.

It'll get here when it gets here. Im sure soon, but the "in a few days" eta has been said for the last month.
    2010-10-05 10:40 AM
    As much as I liked the simplicity of the JailBreakMe.com jailbreak, I'm glad we're making our way back to a bootrom.

I think the jailbreakme website may have made jailbreaking a little too accessible.
    2010-10-05 03:43 PM
    It's not a matter of CAN you. It's a matter of SHOULD you.

1. There has not been any open statements about the release date or even an eta. That means ALL else is speculation, and well, there's already plenty of that floating around.

2. There's a reason that the writers at this site haven't been posting news about the release date of the jailbreak. That's because there isn't any. .

3. I understand you're excited and trying to inform others, but you aren't informing others of any facts. Only speculation based on other's speculation and made up rumors.

4. It'll get here when it gets here. Im sure soon, but the "in a few days" eta has been said for the last month.

I have divided your frustration, arguments in 4 different parts .

1. yes their had not been any open statement or publicity of ETA by Dev Team & their might never be one but that cannot stop iphone owners from researching for solution . when you say all else is speculation and false estimation then you are absolutely wrong because those tweet's are of dev team members and several associated close websites members.

2. this objection cannot be justified as their was never a ETA date posted. the thread title is concerned with posting an updated news of 4.1 jailbreak.

3. I am definitely excited of any news coming of or through dev Team . when I say of dev team then I don't mean any fake or untrustworthy rumor but yes always something which is approved and posted on websites which are legal & trustworthy.

4. when you said you have been hearing " in a few days " since a month than I think that you are the first person who is dreaming of jailbreak before even 4.1. update was launched by Apple. its not even a month yet since 4.1 update came out.

all over I would just say that there was nothing posted false which you should doubt of.

As much as I liked the simplicity of the JailBreakMe.com jailbreak, I'm glad we're making our way back to a bootrom.

I think the jailbreakme website may have made jailbreaking a little too accessible.
    GreenPois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak to Hacktivate the iPhone
    Here is some good news for jailbreakers and unlockers waiting for the GreenPoison jailbreak, which should now come out anytime soon. According to tweet by GreenPois0n developer P0sixninja, the new jailbreak tool will be able to hacktivate the iPhone.

This is particularly interesting to those of you who don’t have an official SIM card to activate the iPhone, which is a necessary step in being able to use the iPhone…*

Activating is the process during which your iPhone “talks” to your carrier to make sure it is registered with the official carrier. If it’s not, your iPhone will not be activated and will then be useless. Just like the name suggests, hacktivating is a workaround that let’s you hack your iPhone to make it believe it’s been legitimately activated, and give you access to the iPhone spingboard.

Now the question is when will GreenPois0n be available? We’re all crossing our fingers hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

source www.iphonedownloadblog.com
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-06 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-06 02:55 PM
118 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD