User Tag List

Hi. I have an iPhone 4 (jailbroken on 4.0.1) that I connect to a third-party stereo via an special accessory cable that plugs into the iPhone docking plug. When music is playing on the iPhone, the screen eventually falls asleep and goes dark.

When I wake it up by pressing the Home button it turns the screen back on and the phone is at the Lock Screen. The background of the Lock Screen is the album art of the song that is currently playing - which I like to see very much!!!

The problem is that the screen immediately goes dark again within about 5 seconds so the album art is not continuously displayed. My question is - is there a way to keep the iPhone from going dark when it's at the Lock Screen? After waking it up it only stays on for about 5 seconds and then goes dark again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    2010-09-09 12:10 AM
    Hi. I have an iPhone 4 (jailbroken on 4.0.1) that I connect to a third-party stereo via an special accessory cable that plugs into the iPhone docking plug. When music is playing on the iPhone, the screen eventually falls asleep and goes dark.

When I wake it up by pressing the Home button it turns the screen back on and the phone is at the Lock Screen. The background of the Lock Screen is the album art of the song that is currently playing - which I like to see very much!!!

The problem is that the screen immediately goes dark again within about 5 seconds so the album art is not continuously displayed. My question is - is there a way to keep the iPhone from going dark when it's at the Lock Screen? After waking it up it only stays on for about 5 seconds and then goes dark again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    U can download 60 second lockscreen from cydia or switch autolock in the settings menu to never. That may help a little.
    2010-09-09 12:34 AM
    Thanks. '60 second lockscreen' is a big improvement over 5 seconds.

Anything else out there to extent this time longer or to disable it all together? When the iPhone is connected to a device that keeps the iPhone charged, there is really no need for the Lock Screen to timeout. Especially when the Lock Screen is changing the album art every 3 minutes or so.

Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    2010-09-09 01:03 AM
    I would guess that u could ssh into the phone and change the file to represent a longer time.
    2010-09-09 01:33 AM
    Is this just a theory? Do you know which file to change? And what exactly to change within that file?
    2010-09-09 01:36 AM
    I have seen some old posts (year old)that say an app called supreme prefences gives u total control over lock screen. Try looking for that. It may have been ported to 4.0.

Oh and the file edit is a theory but it might just work. Other apps that use time allow u to edit the file for longer shorter times.
    Last edited by Sooprtrukr; 2010-09-09 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD