So I bought my iPhone 3gs from my friend because he upgraded to a HTC EVO. He has tons of apps, movies, music, etc. on his the iPhone that I would like to keep. I tried syncing the iPhone to my iTunes because I just downloaded a Fantasy Football App and would like to put it on my iPhone, but as I tried syncing it, iTunes is telling me that i have to erase all of the apps on my iPhone because it doesn't recognize it on my computer. Knowing how apple is, forces you to either buy or erase all of the data, apps, music, movies on your iPhone if it is not on your computer when you sync it. Last night I downloaded a program that will transfer my items (I think only music, movies, and media, but not Apps), but before doing so, this programs tells me to change my setting in iTunes to "Enable My Disk Drive" on my iPhone or "Only Change Media Manually" on my iPhone. Upon doing so, a warning box comes up saying that it will force a sync on my iPhone and then erase all of the items on my iPhone, while syncing what I do have on my computer to my iPhone (which has no apps, or movies, or most of the songs that I would like to keep that already on the iPhone). I did not proceed because I accidentally did this once with my iPod and knew of the consequences. Now I know there are programs, like iDump (which I have a copy of), CopyiPhone2Comp (which I downloaded last night), etc. that can transfer your music, movies etc., but I need one that does it for the apps (and does not require that I force a synch on my iPhone before hand becauase I WILL lose all that on there). Do you guys know of a program that will do that? Please let me know. Thanks.
    2010-09-09 10:57 PM
    Sorry no help. Apps are non trasferable. You will have to buy the apps. What you are talking about would technically be seen as piracy.

For future reference for those that may reply.
    (Talk about cracked apps/warez/piracy is not allowed. Neither are the progams or repos that allow them.)
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-09-10 02:12 AM
    You can always get your friend to authorize your computer to have those apps and they will be synced INTO your library. Go to iTunes-> Store-> Authorize this computer. Obviously your friend needs to agree and divulge his iTunes password to you. Hoped this helps!!!!!
    2010-09-10 02:35 AM
    That creates a security risk for the friend and also takes away from the OP from buying his own apps when he feels like it as the itunes account would be linked to his friend.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-09-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD