Is it possible to make custom boot logos for 4.0 software or higher? I'm using a 3GS, 4.0.1, jailbroken with Jailbreak Me, MC model. I've done alot with my device with various jailbreaks, but i've never changed my logo. Is there an ssh method? I tried Google searches, but no avail. I found i'm not the only person asking. So if anyone knows, please help. It'll definitely be appreciated.
    2010-09-18 05:14 PM
    If you have an old bootrom 3GS and the 3.1.2 SHSH for your phone, then yes, you can get boot logos by downgrading to 3.1.2, jailbreaking with blackra1n and then using a custom 4.0 firmware made with pwnagetool.

If you have a new bootrom 3GS (or an i4), you can not get custom boot logos.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-18 05:18 PM
    I appreciate it and thanks for replying.
    2010-09-18 11:01 PM
    I've never understood the custom boot logos or verbose boot. Do people really spend that much time booting and rebooting their iDevices?
    2010-09-19 03:52 AM
    I've never understood the custom boot logos or verbose boot. Do people really spend that much time booting and rebooting their iDevices?
    For those who always tinker with their idevice, yes. I wish I could change the boot logo. Hopefully it can be someday possible with an iphone 4.
    2010-09-19 08:13 AM
    Somebody isn't a true nerd!
    HK-Z on Game Center
    2010-09-20 02:21 AM
    For those who always tinker with their idevice, yes. I wish I could change the boot logo. Hopefully it can be someday possible with an iphone 4.
    Trust me, I tinker with my collection of iDevices more than the good majority of our members. I have even had custom & verbose boots in the past, but I still almost never saw them and noticed that they are overrated "features." Tinkering with your device typically causes a significant increase in restarting springboard, not rebooting the entire device. Different strokes for different folks.
    2010-09-20 04:46 AM
    If someone stole my device and they asked to prove it on the spot, i'd reboot the phone and BAM: my name/pic shows up. lol

I had one of me giving the bird once.
    2010-09-20 04:50 AM
    Wish it were possible right now because I'd have my old Early Cuyler bootscreen back!
    HK-Z on Game Center
    2010-09-20 05:47 PM
    Thanks for all of the responses. If any of you follow a guy named D7 or Dinozambas on YouTube, he revealed sn0wbreeze is debuting a 4.1 jailbreak tomorrow, 09/22/07. The man's a very reliable source. I've posted the same question to him, i'm just waiting for a response. Here's the link: YouTube - Dinozambas's Channel

Sorry, I meant tomorrow 09/22/10. A lot on my mind. Tomorrow's my 3 year wedding anniversary. Here's to many more happy years of marriage to me, and here's to another great jailbreak! Take care!
    Last edited by dark_cross79; 2010-09-21 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-21 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD