I just bought a brand new iPhone 4 16GB Black. I bought a Griffin Slider Case, and it still giving me problems with reception. It came with iOS 4.1.
    2010-09-19 11:39 PM
    Return it or cope with it, those are about your only two choices.
    It seems to be better in some areas then others.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-20 12:09 AM
    Return it or cope with it, those are about your only two choices.
    It seems to be better in some areas then others.
    Do you think if I exchange it for another at the Apple Store, I won't have to worry about it?
    2010-09-20 12:19 AM
    Do you think if I exchange it for another at the Apple Store, I won't have to worry about it?
    No I am saying the problem won't go away. So either return it now or learn to deal with it.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-20 12:25 AM
    No I am saying the problem won't go away. So either return it now or learn to deal with it.
    I was told this problem was only with a very small number of iPhones, by Apple and the community. So why won't this problem go away with another device.
    2010-09-20 05:22 AM
    I was told this problem was only with a very small number of iPhones, by Apple and the community. So why won't this problem go away with another device.
    It affects a small number of people, not phones. It's because of the reception from your carrier in the specific area you live in. Changing the phone won't solve that.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-20 05:41 PM
    It affects a small number of people, not phones. It's because of the reception from your carrier in the specific area you live in. Changing the phone won't solve that.
    I've had great reception with the 3gs. On top of that, I have AT&T, iPhones exclusive carrier, and live in New York City.
    2010-09-20 08:17 PM
    I've had great reception with the 3gs. On top of that, I have AT&T, iPhones exclusive carrier, and live in New York City.
    Don't know what to tell you then, though I doubt changing phone would work. You could try go to an Apple store though and see if they'll let you try your sim in an iphone 4.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-21 01:37 AM
    I got 2 iP4 this past week and they have no reception issues with both case on or off.

It does depend on the phone you get. It doesn't occur on every phone either. The best you can do is like someone else said, deal with it, or go to Apple/AT&T and try to get an exchange. Show them you have the reception drop issue and maybe they'll give you a replacement phone. I've heard of other people here on MMi exchanging their phones because of the reception issue.
    2010-09-21 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD