Hi!
    Just ordered iPhone 4 from Swedish operator 3 / Privat - Privat - tre.se.
    Got it delivered today, hooked it up with the micro sim card.
    It says "emergency only" and that i should connect it to iTunes.
    Doing so will probably force the 4.1 update on me. I don't want this for obvious reasons :P

So, to the questions:
    a) how do i bypass the enforced update?
    b) is there a way to check the SW version right now without activating the phone?
    c) is jailbreaking of iPhone 4 possible with jailbreakme.com/jailbreakme.modmyi.com ?

SOoo, to the answers:
    a) the update is not enforced
    b) ??????????????????????????
    c) yes for iPhone 4 FW 4.0 and 4.0.1 only

edit:anywhoo, might as well lock this thread up and throw away the key *wink*
    thanks to Redhaired Nutterbutter, Waleed786, junito91 and shanejoe for taking your time to answer a noob like me! and ofc thx to the 3M crew!
    peace suckers, i'm gonna surf the interwebz on my iHack aka Hackintosh aka OSx86, so please call me gerald you bar stewards!
    Last edited by chupadaayefone; 2010-10-02 at 01:51 PM. Reason: answers in place
    2010-10-02 12:25 AM
    Okay wow insert the sim, it won't update without asking you, if it boots up on 4.1 then it came with 4.1

Jailbreakme.com is for 4.0 and 4.0.1 only on any device
    2010-10-02 12:50 AM
    Ok, did it.

Unfortunately it's 4.1 out of the box.

It also said that there are "baseband" updates available? I cancelled it though.
    What does it mean?

Another question: can i downgrade to 4.0.1, and jb/unlock it, after manually saving my SHSH with TinyUmbrella?
    Last edited by chupadaayefone; 2010-10-02 at 03:15 AM.
    2010-10-02 01:36 AM
    If the device has shsh yo can, but if it's new you can't, only shsh you can save right now is 4.1, if you don't have any other wait for the new jailbreak and for the unlock as you have 4.1 your baseband is updated and there's no public news about unlock for that baseband so you can't unlock even if the jailbreak comes right now

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-02 02:50 AM
    Well yeah it's brand new i've never used it before.
    What did iTunes mean when it said that there are baseband updates for my phone?
    Also i can manually save the SHSH i have now with TinyUmbrella, but you mean it has to be SHSH from older version (which isn't possible for this phone since it's brand new)?

sent from ACER Win7 with google Chrome :P
    2010-10-02 03:17 AM
    Well, you can save shsh for 4.1 with TU, about that message I never saw that before, does it always says that when you open iTunes?

2010-10-02 04:06 AM
    If it says there are baseband updates that means ur not on the newest baseband which is GOOD, do NOT update. It means that whoever had the phone before u used tinyumbrella to save the baseband. Go to settings, general, about and check what the modem version is
    2010-10-02 04:09 AM
    Well, you can save shsh for 4.1 with TU, about that message I never saw that before, does it always says that when you open iTunes?

Don't know i'll check it out!

If it says there are baseband updates that means ur not on the newest baseband which is GOOD, do NOT update. It means that whoever had the phone before u used tinyumbrella to save the baseband. Go to settings, general, about and check what the modem version is
    noone had the phone before me, i JUST got it today. i bought it from swedish operator called "3" or "Tre". i'll do that and report back!

Yes but maybe someone bought it and returned it back to 3. Then u bought it. Anyway the baseband is only for unlocking, if u don't have to unlock it then you don't have to worry about it. But in the future if u want to sell it, you can sell for more if it's unlocked
    Yeah unlock is very good indeed
    Last edited by chupadaayefone; 2010-10-02 at 05:40 AM. Reason: oopsy
    2010-10-02 04:17 AM
    Yes but maybe someone bought it and returned it back to 3. Then u bought it. Anyway the baseband is only for unlocking, if u don't have to unlock it then you don't have to worry about it. But in the future if u want to sell it, you can sell for more if it's unlocked
    2010-10-02 04:21 AM
    ok here's the modem version 02.10.04!

here's the "carrier settings" screenshot, what i said earlier was baseband, meant this ofc.
    it appears everytime i connect the phone to the pc/itunes.
    2010-10-02 05:38 AM
    Updating the carrier settings is fine. It won't screw anything up.
    2010-10-02 11:20 AM
    Updating the carrier settings is fine. It won't screw anything up.
    so carrier settings and baseband are two different things?
    2010-10-02 11:22 AM
    2010-10-02 11:25 AM
    aw that sucks, i had such high hopes for those "carrier settings"

edit:anywhoo, might as well lock this up and throw away the key
    thanks to Redhaired Nutterbutter, Waleed786, junito91 and shanejoe for taking your time to answer a noob like me!
    peace suckers, i'm gonna surf the interwebz on my iHack aka Hackintosh aka OSx86, so please call me gerald you bar stewards!
    Last edited by chupadaayefone; 2010-10-02 at 11:33 AM.
    2010-10-02 11:29 AM
    Lämna tillbaks din fula 3 mobil och köp från Telia eller Telenor som automatiskt kommer att aktivera när du ansluter din iPhone med iTunes.
    2010-10-02 12:21 PM
    Lämna tillbaks din fula 3 mobil och köp från Telia eller Telenor som automatiskt kommer att aktivera när du ansluter din iPhone med iTunes.
    Ta tillbaks dina fula ord, eller, lär dig läsa.
    Iphone från 3 gör exakt samma sak som din äckliga Telia och Telenor, aktiverar direkt när man kopplar in till Itunes.
    2010-10-02 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD