I unlocked my iPhone yesterday, but have had some issues since.

My UK Vodafone sim was working at first, but became intermittent, then wouldn't work (to send/recieve calls). This seems to be working again this morning.

I can't access my voicemail, even when manually dialing 121.

When the phone has been on standby/hold I've noticed Summerboard behaving stranglely when I wake the phone - the dock has gone, sometimes all icons disappear and I have to reboot.

Last night I had my wife's UK Orange sim card in the phone which was working untill the phone went on standby for a few mins, then it wouldn't respond to incoming calls.

Anyone had/having similar issues? Any solutions?
    2007-09-28 10:03 AM
    This happens to me occasionally (very occasionally) where I try to wake the phone and it just gives me a blank screen... I just hit the sleep button again then wait a second and press it once more.. Everything works fine... If it happened a lot it'd bug me, but I don't usually have to restart afterwards either.
    2007-09-28 10:05 AM
    I've uninstalled all unrequired 3rd party apps, inc Summerboard.

I called Vodafone and had them switch my voicemail back on (couldn't do this on the handset).

The phone worked perfectly all morning, however I just went out to lunch and got back to the office...

Now the phone won't register incoming calls when it's in sleep/hold mode. The phone I'm calling from just gets a dead signal rather than being put through to my voicemail.
    2007-09-28 02:27 PM
    I have the same issue with incoming calls. I dont understand what happen but Ive had my iphone unlocked up here in canada for about 2 weeks now. It worked perfectlyy fine up until a day and a half ago. At which time all of the sudden when my phone has been in standby/sleep mode for a bit it doesnt even recognize an incoming call. If my springboard is on or it isnt in sleep mode calls come in just fine, however in sleep they dont come at all. I gewt the missed call notification next time I wake it. I wonder if this could have something to do with unlocking the phone cause it is wierd I am hearing of more people experiencing this all the sudden

peace
    2007-09-28 04:40 PM
    GREAT NEWS! We have a fix!

Erica Sadun has been good enough to create an app for me that sorts this problem! You need to have SummerBoard installed. The app creates a file (/tmp/SummerBoard.DisablePowerManagement) which allows the phone to be put on hold without having to have music playing.

The app needs to be run everytime the phone is reboot, as it's just a temp file. But saves battery life compared to the 'loop music' workaround.

The app can be found here.. http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Misc/JohnTool/

If it is handy, please throw some money over to FaithInPractice, per Erica's writeup here: http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applications/SendFile/
    2007-10-19 09:24 AM
    Same problem here, unlocked the phone and restored a backup from previously jail broken v2.2, thought that was the problem so I unlocked a new installation, still same issue, incoming calls wont wake the phone from sleep/standby, when on spring board calls come through just fine. Hope someone figures out what is going on ... Really kills me to have the phone in OS 3.0 with this kind of problem!!!
    2009-06-27 09:54 PM
    Way to bump a thread from effing 2007.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-02 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD