I Jailbroke my iPhone 4 to 4.1 using limera1n and my AT&T service got deleted. It just says no service and in settings doesn't show AT&T.

If anyone knows how I can fix this let me know.
    2010-10-10 04:54 AM
    same problem... doesnt show ATT services or anything, and its the phone because I have two 3GS and if Iput back the SIM, works fine so...

anyone was able to fix it?
    2010-10-10 06:21 AM
    Wow, I think I'm gonna back out in trying Limera1n now. You guys try restoring and putting your SIM in (unjailbroken) and seeing if it's still ok?

I've seen iP4 users say they have no problems, try the jb again after restore?

If you preserved your bb, try ultrasn0w, maybe that will fix it for now. At least that might verify the jb isn't eliminating AT&T bundles. Or rather verify that it IS deleting AT&T.
    2010-10-10 06:42 AM
    Hey ZYZZ maybe this will work for you:

I had the same problem with my 3GS (with ATT) so, I though "Start Over again"

1) put in DFU mode.
    2) Restore from itunes ORIGINAL 4.1
    3) When its done, wait until your iphone says "actividated"

DONT restore your back up.

4) close itunes.
    5) Run limera1n.
    6) you (maybe) will have the blank icon for limera1n app.
    - Run it.
    -Install Cidia.
    - Install ultrasn0w (if u want to unlock it)

7) Restore you b ack up.

FINALLY its working! thanks for the tip Anniex423
    2010-10-10 07:05 AM
    Wow, I think I'm gonna back out in trying Limera1n now. You guys try restoring and putting your SIM in (unjailbroken) and seeing if it's still ok?

I've seen iP4 users say they have no problems, try the jb again after restore?

If you preserved your bb, try ultrasn0w, maybe that will fix it for now. At least that might verify the jb isn't eliminating AT&T bundles. Or rather verify that it IS deleting AT&T.
    If i restore my phone will i get the att services again?

Hey ZYZZ maybe this will work for you:

I had the same problem with my 3GS (with ATT) so, I though "Start Over again"

1) put in DFU mode.
    2) Restore from itunes ORIGINAL 4.1
    3) When its done, wait until your iphone says "actividated"

DONT restore your back up.

4) close itunes.
    5) Run limera1n.
    6) you (maybe) will have the blank icon for limera1n app.
    - Run it.
    -Install Cidia.
    - Install ultrasn0w (if u want to unlock it)

7) Restore you b ack up.

FINALLY its working! thanks for the tip Anniex423

wow that is great! what is DFU mode? i want to try this.
    Last edited by zyzz; 2010-10-10 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 07:14 AM
    hey man, DFU mode works but, RECOVERY mode its easier:

assuming itunes its open:

1) turn off ur iphone.
    2) press HOME (dont release it) and connect the iphone (keeping press on Home)

Wait until itunes tells your iphone its in recovery mode RELEASE home.

3) in your keyboard Shift+ Restore will open the screen asking you where its your original itunes 4.1 IPSW file.

select it.

and that all to restore to factory on 4.1

the rest?... just like the post before
    2010-10-10 07:23 AM
    Alright so the major step you took that fixed it was to NOT restore from back up right? I was planning to cuz I have stuff I want saved but I guess I could back them up to my comp. So we wanna set up as new phone right?
    2010-10-10 07:26 AM
    You can Restore from your back up but after install Cydia sync repo if you need it.

two thing to have in mind:

1) you will have (maybe) blank icon for Limera1n app but works fine, just run the app and install Cydia.
    2) then Cydia & Limera1n will be with blank icon both (maybe).
    3) restart your iphone and restore your back up.

then you will have everything fine AND cydia and Limera1n will have normal icons too.

and DONT install ultrasn0w to unlock it! (meaning to use with tMob) because somehow, then you loose the signal but deleting again ultrasn0w works fine again. I already did it to both 3GS that I have and both are working great!

peace
    Last edited by Leonidas4ever; 2010-10-10 at 09:04 AM.
    2010-10-10 07:35 AM
    Awesome, thanks.

Just FYI tho, refrain from mentioning appsync or other forms of piracy. That's a no-no here on MMi
    2010-10-10 07:38 AM
    wow thanks!... its my 1st time in forums :0
    2010-10-10 07:46 AM
    Alls I did is opened cydia and found ultrasnow choose modify and removed it. Then My ATT came back otherwise it was no service. Also had to remove reflective dock because springboard kept crashing. Other wise LimeRa1n went smooth.
    2010-10-12 09:07 AM
    does 4.1 show weak signal bars? ever since i upgraded to 4.0.1 my signal only shows 2 bars in areas with strong signal. so i went back to 3.1.3.
    2010-10-12 09:25 AM
    With 4.0.1 Apple updated their "calculaton" for signal strength that is why you are noticing a difference in your bars.

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.
    2010-10-12 02:39 PM
    the problem about bars its fixed on 4.1 you wont have any problem so you can update to 4.1 then use lamera1n and will be fine.

I did it to two 3GS (one old bootroom and one new bootroom) and to an iphone 4.. the 3 of them work flawless...

MAYBE wont wort the fist time or two but works... I had the problem with one 3GS and after 2 or 3 times went trhu.

and dont forget DONT install ultrasn0w or u will loose ur signal service.

good luck
    2010-10-12 04:26 PM
    I forgot about this thread. The reason i kept on having issues is because i kept on pressing "ok" when the itunes popout says something about recovery mode. Your supposed to click the x to close it. The other mistake that I made is that I let go of the home button too soon. Your supposed to let go after the limera1n logo disappears and phone restarts.

Hope this info will help others with their jailbreak success.
    2010-10-12 05:31 PM
    restoring from backup when that backup was made with a jailbroken phone will almost ALWAYS cause issues.
    If you look around you'll see when someone has issues the first question asked is did you restore from backup.

appbackup saves all appstore data like high scores and such
    itunes can save your contacts, app programs, music, playlists and notes
    you can use use itunes to even save bookmarks, calendars and re-sync photos.

pkgbackup will save a listing of all cydia apps to be restored after new jailbreak.

It's a bit more work, you have to redo the layout yourself sure but it won't cause problems.
    2010-10-12 05:56 PM
    the problem about bars its fixed on 4.1 you wont have any problem so you can update to 4.1 then use lamera1n and will be fine.

I did it to two 3GS (one old bootroom and one new bootroom) and to an iphone 4.. the 3 of them work flawless...

MAYBE wont wort the fist time or two but works... I had the problem with one 3GS and after 2 or 3 times went trhu.

and dont forget DONT install ultrasn0w or u will loose ur signal service.

good luck
    what about when openin apps such as camera? does it take a while to open?

what about when openin apps such as camera? does it take a while to open?
    im still skeptical if i should upgrade to 4.1 n jb it. ive read some people say that even in 4.1 the signal bars is way less. should i jus stay at 3.1.3?
    Last edited by narts; 2010-10-13 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-13 06:15 AM
    The signal bars you are seeing on 3.1.3 are a false interpretation of the signal you are actually getting. 4.0.1 and above show your true signal.
    2010-10-13 07:13 AM
    The signal bars you are seeing on 3.1.3 are a false interpretation of the signal you are actually getting. 4.0.1 and above show your true signal.
    but i often times used to get no service when my signal was low and i cant make calls or send tex. that is why i reverted back to 3.1.3. if 4.1 will show same signal as 4.0.1, then i guess im not gonna upgrade
    2010-10-13 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD