Having just upgraded to OS 4.0.1 from 3.1.2, I now use Apple's native multitasking as opposed to circuitous that I used to use before I upgraded. There are several drawbacks to Apple's multitasking that I wonder if someone could advise me on, either through a different multitasking method for my iPhone (3GS) or through tweaks and mods to Apple's existing multitasking:

1) I feel that having upgraded, my phone now runs slower than it did before (something I though would improve with the upgrade - I was under the impression that iOS4 is meant to run faster). With circuitous, it told me how much free memory I had and was then able to kill any running apps I felt like.

2) It seems the apps listed on iOS4 multitasking are both recently launched apps and currently running apps, but there is no way to tell the difference between which is which. Can I do so?

3) Most importantly, this doesnt seem to be true multitasking - with circuitous any apps I left running in the background would resume from where I started them, but with iOS4 multitasking, many apps restart and reload. I assume this only happens with apps that arent updated to be compatible with iOS4, so is it possible to force all apps to remain in the background as they do with circuitous.

If there are any solutions to these problems (in particular 1 and 3), or any other tips that you can provide me with for multitasking, that would be great.

Thanks
    2010-10-11 12:53 AM
    Can no-one help me with this? Thanks
    2010-10-29 01:20 PM
    its not multitaking, it task pausing.

use Backgrounder (in Cydia) for real multi-tasking and disable Apple's POS pseudo multi-tasking.
    60% of the time, it works every time.
    2010-10-29 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD