On my 3GS I was able to copy out the data from an app's folder with Applinks after I SSH'd into the phone. I would do this for games I got fairly far in and didn't want to have to redo it all if I had to restore the phone, etc.

Anywho, I did this on numerous occasions, and all I would have to do is SSH into the phone after the restore, find the applinks folder for the app and replace the existing files with the backup I made previously. After a respring, the app would work fine, with all my previous save data in place.

Now, after the debut of limera1n, I'm trying to copy the backups into my iPhone 4, and after the respring, the app just disappears and I can no longer access it.

Has anyone else experienced this or is able to shed some light on new firmware procedures that would be preventing this, etc.?

Thanks in advance!
    2010-10-12 05:37 AM
    Ugh, I'm about to try this. Hopefully I won't have the same problem.
    2010-10-13 05:43 AM
    I think I figured it out. There was a problem when copying the files using iFunbox. It doesn't copy all the plist files for some reason... Use SSH and you won't have a problem. I tried with some files I had from a while ago that I copied off via SSH and they restored my savepoints without a glitch. Just make sure you set the permissions of the files you copy back to 777 for everything to work properly.
    2010-10-14 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD