So I am going to ask a somewhat stupid question, so please no flaming.

I am JB on 4.0.1 with the 1.59 baseband. I want to update to 4.1 but not sure on updating my BB. I know Pawnage Tool is coming out Sunday. If I went ahead and updated to 4.1 and took the BB update, would that help with reception issues? I have poor reception where I work and would like anything that would help with it.

I did see that musclenerd may be working on an unlock (even though I don't need one right now).

Any one that had an iPhone 4 and did the BB see any improvements in reception?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.
    2010-10-13 04:52 PM
    I don't think the baseband really plays a part in reception. I could be wrong but I strongly dont believe updating your baseband will make a difference.
    2010-10-13 05:00 PM
    That stinks. I only have horrible reception where I work, everywhere else its great.
    2010-10-13 05:30 PM
    Same, got great AT&T service at home and everywhere around home. At work, where I spend 75% of my time is where the reception sucks. Then again it was the same for T-Mobile so I've accepted that I work in the middle of where nobody wants to be and no carrier cares to improve reception in this spot :/
    2010-10-13 05:49 PM
    I work in the middle of a decent size city (100k+) at a university of over 6k students, so you would think I would have good reception. I get better reception when I am on the highway heading home than I do at work. Not Apples fault. I called AT&T about it but I don't think they ever did anything.
    2010-10-13 06:55 PM
    I wouldn't upgrade the baseband either. Where I work, had same issue. Cell phone repeaters were installed and that fixed the reception issue.
    2010-10-14 06:44 AM
    Yea i work right beside a tower and all the equipment we use cuts my signal out.. Wierd lil things im telling ya lol
    2010-10-14 07:44 AM
    Well I went ahead and upgraded to 4.1 and Jailbroken with Greenposi0n. I did notice this morning that the modem firmware was still at 1.59. So I guess the BB didn't update.
    2010-10-14 04:05 PM
    If you had TinyUmbrella running, that is what prevented BB from upgrading.
    2010-10-14 09:17 PM
    Well that explains it then cause I had to use Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode to get the update to finish. I tried several times to get it to finish but kept getting error 1004 so the last time I tried it I remember reading somewhere that Tiny Umbrella would kick your phone out of recovery mode and that did the trick.
    2010-10-14 09:28 PM
    Yeah, the 1004 error is exactly what you wanted, followed by kick out of recovery as you did. Now you are all set with jailbroken phone and carrier un-lockable BB too !
    2010-10-14 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD