User Tag List

Hi,

I installed limera1n on my iphone 4 and later i removed cydia and limera1n because i started getting all those ads on my iphone. i restored the phone. However, i'm still getting google ads and etc in my iphone when i'm in various apps. i tried installing the limera1n again and it didn't work..i goes thru the process just fine but does not places the icon in my workspace ..what should i do ??
    2010-10-20 05:52 PM
    Not sure what ads you're talking about, but the jailbreak certainly isn't the thing giving you ads; it's simply just the apps you're using.

You'll need to restore first before running Limera1n. If Limera1n isn't working for you anymore, you can restore and use Greenpois0n.
    2010-10-20 06:51 PM
    Yea the ads are part of the apps itself nothing to do with cydia. It's the way they keep tr app free or low priced.

Second you probably restored from a backup which is why the icons don't appear. Try restoring as a new idevice and run the jailbreak again.
    2010-10-20 07:34 PM
    Yea the ads are part of the apps itself nothing to do with cydia. It's the way they keep tr app free or low priced.

Second you probably restored from a backup which is why the icons don't appear. Try restoring as a new idevice and run the jailbreak again.
    Great thanks guys for time just one more question

How do I restore as a new device so I can try the jailbreak again

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks a million

Moe
    2010-10-20 09:14 PM
    You just hit restore in iTunes, then when it prompts you after the restore, select "set up phone as new" or something like that
    2010-10-20 10:36 PM
    okay i did the restore of the iphone. greenpois0n is scary man...i had a dead phone for 1min..limera1n ran just fine but there is no icon on the workspace...what to do ?

don't worry about it...i restored it and didn't sync any applications and that fixed...thanks
    Last edited by moe458; 2010-10-21 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-21 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD