So the company i work for allows us to install a custom profile which will then allow us to get out exchange email on our iphone/ipads. THey require a passcode to unlock the phone. I have it set to 15min but i would like to turn it off completely. The turn passcode off is grayed out so i cannot edit it. Is there a way to edit the current profile or like windows go into a registry and turn it off? My phone is jailbroke and i have disk aid on my pc so i can access the phone. I also installed iphone configuration utility but i cant seem to edit the profile.
    2010-10-26 05:05 PM
    there is a jail break app you can install called exchange unlock that will remove that password requirement. i stress that removing this breaks the IT departments ability to successfully remote wipe your phone for security reasons. i work in IT and know the password removal works but when we try to wipe your phone it fails. chances are they will never know just thought i would let you know. wiping your phone is handy if it gets stolen.
    2010-10-26 09:43 PM
    You can proceed to install exchange unlock via cydia. However, you must have sbsettings installed prior to that. You can turn it off/on whenever you need to via sbsettings.
    2011-01-04 11:17 AM
    is exchange unlock compatible with 4.2.1?
    2011-03-10 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD