User Tag List

am not a noob when it comes to fixing my iphone but i have no idea on this one...

i have a iphone 3g on 4.1 jailbroken with redsnow

the issue is 50% of the time when i got o play a song/podcast the magic app with freeze/crash so i gotta click home button to close and it will do this til i reboot

also my settings app 50% of the time it opens fine and the rest of the time it opens and is blank unless i reboot

then when i reboot it will either take up to 5mins to boot or go into a infinity loop where i use ireb to get it back

this happens everyday

i dont have many things installed and what i do have ive had before and their fine

i do have game center installed thats new

ive tryed restoring alot of times
    removing packages i think it could be
    setting up as a new phone
    but nothing seems to work

anyone know the problem?
    2010-10-31 06:48 PM
    Redsn0w is buggy. I encountered various bugs when I had it on my iPod Touch on 4.1. Restore and jailbreak instead with greenpois0n or limera1n. It's a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-31 08:02 PM
    Also note: IF you need an unlock (T-Mobile, non-authorized carrier) ---- use PwnageTool to preserve your baseband/unlock.

Even if you don't need it, preserving the baseband is always a good idea because when you resell your phone, it can be more easily unlocked.

Nevermind .... I just re-read your post and noticed you already updated to 4.1 w/Redsn0w. Ugg
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-10-31 at 08:16 PM.
    2010-10-31 08:13 PM
    does greenpoison work with iphone 3g now?

redsnow was the only one that worked for me
    snowbreeze worked but i had no siginal
    2010-10-31 08:55 PM
    does greenpoison work with iphone 3g now?

redsnow was the only one that worked for me
    snowbreeze worked but i had no siginal
    Ahh I forgot it was a 3G. Do you have access to a Mac? Pwnagetool works great. There are also some guides on this forum to get pwned firmware to work on Windows. It's worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-31 09:22 PM
    just used the new redsnow beta 2 and it seems to be working fine now

beta2 uses the limera1n exploit so it problem was beta 1
    2010-11-02 03:09 AM
    You'll wanna consider using Sn0wnbreeze if redsn0w is giving you problems. That is your only alternative unless you have a Mac and can use PwnageTool.
    2010-11-02 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD