I have an iphone 3gs with 4.1 and used limera1n to jailbreak it and am loving all the phone can do now. I am new to this arena and feel I am missing something obvious.

I changed a setting when I first started messing with the options to do something like.. Fill blank spaces.. or something like that and it basically put a blank web link on any spot not filled by an app already. I have found this annoying because now when I want to add an app it basically shows my apps are full and I have to search to find an app when I would have had room for it.

I went to go back and turn that setting off and cannot for the life of me figure out where in the heck it was.

I have looked all over and searched the forums for something along these lines and still have not figured it out.

I hated to ask without trying, but now I am at my wits end trying to figure it out. I think I have the name wrong but its something like that.

Thanks a bunch and I hope this is an easy one for someone to help me out.
    2010-11-04 04:16 PM
    You should be able to delete the blanks by making the icons wiggle and hit the x. If it's not something like that go to cydia>manage> packages find the package and delete.
    2010-11-04 05:05 PM
    Also since your on 4.1 do a restore and re jailbreak and just set up what u want again.
    2010-11-04 05:06 PM
    I was able to go through packages and remove a few of the themes that I ended up not using and has worked perfectly. Thanks.

Would u still suggest I restore and re jailbreak after resolving this. I ask because of the way u mention that I'm on 4.1. Does this allow Ne to do a restore if phone has a problem or am I missing something in your suggestion.

Thanks again for the assistance.
    2010-11-05 04:34 AM
    I was able to go through packages and remove a few of the themes that I ended up not using and has worked perfectly. Thanks.

Would u still suggest I restore and re jailbreak after resolving this. I ask because of the way u mention that I'm on 4.1. Does this allow Ne to do a restore if phone has a problem or am I missing something in your suggestion.

Thanks again for the assistance.
    I suggest the restore because your not at risk to lose your jb/ unlocked but it should also fix your problem
    2010-11-05 04:53 AM
    Thank you will do as you suggest. /bow
    2010-11-05 01:40 PM
    I am having this issue as well. This all happened when I removed Gridlock from Cydia. Those blank apps (30 or so of them) keeps on appearing after I delete them. Each time I respring and when I just did a sync, it all re-appeared. Also, I synced a couple new games to my phone and although I don't see the app on my springboard, it is there. I would do a search and I am able to find it that way. WTH is going on? Please help. Thank you
    2011-01-23 08:48 PM
    SSH into your phone and delete the blanks.

Private>var>mobile>library>webclips
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-01-23 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-23 08:53 PM
    Thanks Annie for your quick reply. I SSH to webclips as you indicated but nothing is in that folder?
    2011-01-23 09:05 PM
    Hm. Weird. You shouldn't have any blanks then.

Gridlock doesn't create blanks, are you sure you uninstalled Gridlock properly?

Do you have any themes that have webclips included in them?
    2011-01-23 09:09 PM
    'Im sure i deleted gridlock correctly. In either case, I went to reinstall gridlock but it is still doing the same. I have a full 2 and a half pages full of blanks that i have to delete manually. Also, I don't see my 3 new apps but it is there after a search. As for themes that have webclips, is there an easy way to find out? I have a ton of stuff in packages (used and non-used).
    2011-01-23 09:15 PM
    Check your themes. If they have folders labeled webclips, delete them.
    2011-01-23 09:26 PM
    Will do. Thanks again Annie
    2011-01-23 09:43 PM
    Np. Worst case scenario you might have to restore if it is too bothersome.
    2011-01-23 09:48 PM
    ok....all good. I deleted couple of the most recent themes and the blanks are gone. Thank you Annie for your help.
    Last edited by trainp01; 2011-01-23 at 10:18 PM.
    2011-01-23 10:03 PM
    Those are springjumps. One of your themes has springjumps included, or you installed springjumps
    2011-01-23 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD