I recently bumped my phone up to 4.1 and I ssh'd my contacts to my pc then re ssh'd them back into my phone when I was done. I don't want to sync my contacts to outlook cause it adds all of the outlook email address' I have.
    But now I can't get it to save new contacts.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks.
    2010-11-04 06:18 PM
    You could always sync them to windows contacts instead of outlook.
    2010-11-04 06:32 PM
    I recently bumped my phone up to 4.1 and I ssh'd my contacts to my pc then re ssh'd them back into my phone when I was done. I don't want to sync my contacts to outlook cause it adds all of the outlook email address' I have.
    But now I can't get it to save new contacts.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks.
    Change file and access permissions on the folder and the files to what they were originally. iFile is good for that.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-11-06 04:52 PM
    if u backed ur iphone up in itunes be for u up dated it should have all ur contacts there. thats how i get mying back.
    2010-11-06 10:02 PM
    Had the same problem after sshing into my phone. Seems it screwed up some file permissions.

K I had same problem and have fixed it with ifile. Note: ifile not files.

First go to cydia and install ifile (the free one works fine)

Now open ifile and put in the following path: var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

You will see this file :
    AddressBook.sqlitedb

Click on the blue arrow on that file and the file attributes page opens. This is what u should have:

OWNERSHIP
    Owner:root
    Group:mobile

ACCESS PERMISSIONS
    owner:read,write
    Group:read,write
    World:read

Now I only have world set as read and have not noticed any problems. If u have problems set it to read,write also.

Now click the blue done tab in the top right corner. Now close files.

Now u need to reboot your phone for the settings to take effect.

K your done. U should now be able to add and delete contacts again.

NOTE: IF YOUR FILE PERMISSIONS ARE ALREADY SET TO THOSE PERMISSIONS CHANGE THEM ALL TO READ,WRITE,EXECUTE THEN FOLLOW REST OF MY TUTORIAL INCLUDING THE REBOOT. THEN GO BACK INTO IFILE AND RESET THEM AS ABOVE.
    2011-01-23 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD