Finally jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone 4 yesterday, used tiny umbrella to preserve my 1.59.00 baseband and used limerain to jailbreak followed by ultraslow to unlock, I'm absolutely no expert so any help is appreciated... I have VERY unstable Internet, so I'm not sure but I think my cellular data settings are to blame....I get the "could not activate cellular data" message and it won't let me browse, then suddenly the net is up n running again....could someone post the full apn settings for tmobile so I can get stable strong Internet? Or am I doing something wrong? Another problem I have is when I wanna go into the sound settings it crashes and kicks me back out to the main screen lol... Is that a known issue? Pardon my ignorance, I learn a bit more everyday.
    2010-11-06 03:05 PM
    Not sure about the tmobile settings but your settings shouldn't crash when you go into the sound part.
    2010-11-06 04:31 PM
    Doesn't always help, but have you tried going to settings - general - reset network settings?

If not there's some trick where you turn on airplane mode, then turn phone off. Not sure how to actually do that method, but I'm sure there's a guide on YouTube.
    2010-11-06 04:32 PM
    Not sure about the tmobile settings but your settings shouldn't crash when you go into the sound part.
    When I first jailbroke n unlocked I lost my cellular data network tab and installed supreme preferences 3.0..... I disabled it and now when I go to my sound settings it doesn't crash, guess there's a conflict between the 2, disabled supreme in winterboard, now sound settings work fine... Still stumped on the inconsistent Internet, I'm on the phone right now... Then suddenly no net for a while again....I was thinking maybe I cut the sim wrong? Possibility?

Doesn't always help, but have you tried going to settings - general - reset network settings?

If not there's some trick where you turn on airplane mode, then turn phone off. Not sure how to actually do that method, but I'm sure there's a guide on YouTube.
    I've tried, kinda weird...I'm hoping someone that's using an iPhone 4 on tmobile can help me get through this Terrible dilemma lol
    Last edited by militant; 2010-11-06 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-06 04:55 PM
    I have the same exact problem iPhone 4 running 4.1 bb1.59 Tmobile When home I always use wifi then when I leave the house the Edge on my phone stop working. I reset the network thousands times I'm using internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream like the same way with my 3GS that never ever give any issues. So idk what else to do my internet works sometimes and sometimes won't so any help please. Thanks
    2010-12-09 06:08 AM
    I have the same exact problem iPhone 4 running 4.1 bb1.59 Tmobile When home I always use wifi then when I leave the house the Edge on my phone stop working. I reset the network thousands times I'm using internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream like the same way with my 3GS that never ever give any issues. So idk what else to do my internet works sometimes and sometimes won't so any help please. Thanks
    Bro I fixed the problem 99 percent. I NEVER lose Internet anymore the only problem is sometimes when I reboot I get no service so I reboot again to fix it. I'm not sure what Internet plan you use but I use the 30 dollar smartphone plan and I use epc.tmobile.com as my APN, when I first got the phone I cut down my original sim which had the large contact that basically took up all of the mini sim tray. I heard that tmobile had come out with updated sims....original size only updated with a mini sim contact which is basically the same exact contact size as a standard mini sim from AT&T. I went to tmobile and got the new sim with the mini sim contact, cut it down to size popped it in and it basically solved my Internet and service problems. Give it a try.
    2010-12-09 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD