Hi all,

I'm no n00b and I can't figure this out.
    My phone gets really hot when the screen is closed, open, or charging.

If it is not charging, the battery drains alarmingly quickly. I'm talking 10-20% every hour on stand-by mode.

I am afraid an app or theme may be the cause of this but I cannot identify which it is.

If you have experienced this issue, please post what you have done to correct it.

Thanks,
    D
    Last edited by dazzastark; 2010-11-20 at 04:03 PM.
    2010-11-18 08:15 PM
    What jailbreak did you use and what apps do you have on the iphone
    2010-11-18 10:16 PM
    I used pwnage tool.

Mobile substrate apps include
    Activator
    Attachment Saver
    Backgrounder
    BiteSMS
    CyDelete
    Cyntact
    External Ipod Controls
    Facebreak
    FastSnap
    Infinidock
    Infinifolders
    Insomnia
    Lockinfo + Plugins
    MewSeek
    Multiiconmover
    multimusicinfo
    Notifier+
    PDA Net
    Popup blocker
    Recentdelete
    rotationinhibitor
    springflash
    switcherplus
    UA Faker
    SBSettings
    SDM
    Winterboard
    Yourtube
    3G Unrestrictor

Yes, I realize I'm a compulsive app purchaser (You do not want to see my app store bills lmao)

Most of these apps are only enabled when they are needed to be (conserve battery, however not conserving right now.....)
    2010-11-18 10:34 PM
    probably insomnia.
    60% of the time, it works every time.
    2010-11-18 11:03 PM
    Insomnia is kept off unless I need it. It's rare that I turn it on.
    Thanks anyway
    2010-11-18 11:15 PM
    Without knowing the settings you have enabled for a few of those substrate related apps, it's tough to tell which is the culprit. Backgrounder is a very likely suspect, and I would definitely take a look at SwitcherPlus as well. Except for those two and maybe four or five others, I have all of those apps installed on my iPhone 4 and have no unrealistic battery drain.

- Googled SwitcherPlus b/c I have only heard bits and pieces about it, but there seems to be a good amount of people out there reporting significant battery drain due to it as well.
    2010-11-18 11:35 PM
    Thanks, I will take a clear look at it when I get home.

Backgrounder has never been much of an issue for me because I only use it for Cydia and 1 appstore app which I use at the gym...I would not suspect this one.
    2010-11-18 11:40 PM
    I have a lot of apps also, but you have

BiteSMS
    CyDelete
    External Ipod Controls
    Facebreak
    FastSnap
    Insomnia
    MewSeek
    Multiiconmover
    multimusicinfo
    Notifier+
    Popup blocker
    Recentdelete
    rotationinhibitor
    springflash
    switcherplus
    UA Faker
    SDM

which I do not have.

Try removing one at a time and see if you can find the culprit.
    2010-11-18 11:48 PM
    Will take a look. I am determined to find the issue.

Thanks for the help everyone so far and if anyone else has some information to help nail this thing down, please post it. I would love to post a solution for everyone to refer to when experiencing this issue.
    2010-11-18 11:58 PM
    well the usual causes for battery drains are things like:

wifi
    GPS (location Services)
    bluetooth
    push notifications
    backgrounder (make sure you have the badges set to ON)
    insomnia
    animated backgrounds
    Safari (if you last looked at a page with animated gifs or perhaps running "Frash"

do you have SB settings installed? maybe there are some apps running in the background that aren't apparent? hit kill processes and free up memory and see if that helps.

also if you have some horrible metallic case that could be killing your phone's reception it will make your cell antenna and wifi work that much harder to get a signal out/in
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2010-11-19 at 12:08 AM.
    60% of the time, it works every time.
    2010-11-19 12:05 AM
    I was gonna mention case too.. Some rubber bumper cases cause the phone to heat up quite a bit while charging I know mine does!
    2010-11-19 08:48 AM
    IF! You have your SHSH saved, you should make a list of cydia packages, save it on your computer and restore your phone. Then see if you have problems, if you do it's a hardware problem so take it to apple to get it fixed; you restored it so theres no way to know it's JB before so ur warrenty is safe trust me I've done this before
    2010-11-19 09:06 AM
    Hi guys,

Thank you all for your help.

I have found the issue.
    The thing that was draining my battery so quickly was.....
    Drum roll please.

My Elite Pro HD animated lockscreen!

When turning this off, I fully charged my phone and left it on standby mode overnight. To my surprise, only 2% had drained when I woke up.

I thank you all for your help. It is much appreciated that all of you took the time to respond.
    2010-11-20 03:57 PM
    Hi guys,

Thank you all for your help.

I have found the issue.
    The thing that was draining my battery so quickly was.....
    Drum roll please.

My Elite Pro HD animated lockscreen!

When turning this off, I fully charged my phone and left it on standby mode overnight. To my surprise, only 2% had drained when I woke up.

I thank you all for your help. It is much appreciated that all of you took the time to respond.
    Interesting. That's one of the few parts of EPHD that I have disabled. I never look at my lockscreen enough for me to care about it being themed. Glad to hear you got it resolved
    2010-11-21 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD