Hi all,
    My wife has a 3GS and the silent/ringer switch is always going off on its own causing the phone to sit untouched on the side vibrating to itself all day long.
    Her insurance refuse to fix it as it was not reported within 48 hours and she cant afford a new phone (I'm not buying her one either!) so I was wondering if anybody had experienced this fault before and what they would suggest to try and fix it?
    2010-11-19 11:48 AM
    Is the physical switch itself moving when the phone goes to vibrate, or is it just a software issue?
    2010-11-19 08:53 PM
    i cant see the physical switch itself moving but i suppose it could be the contact with it on the inside of the phone.

Ive tried restoring it (and restoring from a back up) but that didnt work

Only thing I havent tried is restoring and setting up as a new phone. Do you think that might solve it?
    2010-11-22 01:22 PM
    Yes, it may do if it is a software issue.
    2010-11-22 01:41 PM
    My brother had this problem turns out it's the switch itself, just get the switch replaced and you should be good, be careful as it can be quite tricky we had to pay someone to repair it and this is someone that has moded XBox's

I'm trying to say even if you think you can repair it yourself you probably can't
    2010-11-22 02:21 PM
    but i've modded xboxes.. and wii's which are considerably more fiddly!

however I take your point, I've already enquired about a company who charge 28 to replace the switch but they're so slow to reply to questions that I'm worried they'll just end up keeping it...!
    2010-11-23 11:14 AM
    but i've modded xboxes.. and wii's which are considerably more fiddly!

however I take your point, I've already enquired about a company who charge 28 to replace the switch but they're so slow to reply to questions that I'm worried they'll just end up keeping it...!
    Find someone on Craigslist were you can go to there house, be sure that they know what there doing

I think the difficulty is that 3 things go in at the same time or something to that effect
    2010-11-23 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD