User Tag List

i've had an iphone 1G for a year and a half. the battery was working fine until i installed cydia apps to boost the volume. i have uninstalled these apps. but i can no longer charge the battery with a charger because it depletes the power. i have to charge it with my computer.

the battery gets very warm when i call someone and the power depletes fast. i got 2 questions:

1) do you think my phone gets hot because of those cydia apps to boost volume? i removed them, but my phone still gets hot and the power deletes.

2) should i replace my battery?

2011-01-03 04:02 AM
    Yes replace the battery sounds like cells have been blown in it which isnt uncommon for a 4 year old device. Cydia has nothing to do with a battery getting overly hott
    2011-01-03 04:18 AM
    Yes replace the battery sounds like cells have been blown in it which isnt uncommon for a 4 year old device. Cydia has nothing to do with a battery getting overly hott
    But you didnt fully read what I said. I said that my battery was fine UNTIL I installed a couple of cydia apps to boost the volume on my phone. And when i uninstalled them, the problem persisted.
    2011-01-03 04:35 AM
    And I am saying it was probably going to happen wether u installed them or not. The battery is 4 years old it was going to give out. I am surprised it didn't give out sooner
    2011-01-03 04:38 AM
    And I am saying it was probably going to happen wether u installed them or not. The battery is 4 years old it was going to give out. I am surprised it didn't give out sooner
    What the hell are you talking about?? My battery was excellent, lasting 25 hours on a single charge. The problem came THE MOMENT I INSTALLED the cydia apps... Do you understand english?
    2011-01-03 04:53 AM
    Ok first chill i am trying to help no need to attack.
    Second you said you deleted the apps and its still happening.
    Now with that being said its a hardware issue and i am 99.9 percent sure on this.
    Also i am guessing your not the original owner of the phone if you are thats awesome dont see that much. But i am guessing its been through some heavy usage.
    A battery is a battery they give out it just happened to give out when you were installing a tweak. but if the tweak is deleted and cleared out then more than likely its hardware.
    You can try a restore and see if that fixes you issue.( i am guessing it wont) but hey your issue not mine just trying to help i have a lot of experience so i am just basing this off what i have seen a couple hundred times.
    2011-01-03 04:59 AM
    Ok first chill i am trying to help no need to attack.
    Second you said you deleted the apps and its still happening.
    Now with that being said its a hardware issue and i am 99.9 percent sure on this.
    Also i am guessing your not the original owner of the phone if you are thats awesome dont see that much. But i am guessing its been through some heavy usage.
    A battery is a battery they give out it just happened to give out when you were installing a tweak. but if the tweak is deleted and cleared out then more than likely its hardware.
    You can try a restore and see if that fixes you issue.( i am guessing it wont) but hey your issue not mine just trying to help i have a lot of experience so i am just basing this off what i have seen a couple hundred times.
    And i understand that youre trying to help me and i do appreciate your response. But I'm telling you the exact cause. And i cant believe that you say its a hardware issue when the issue originally started with software.

And just to let you know, last year when I installed a cydia app to send and recieve pics through text, a similar situation occured. The app depleted my battery within 5 hours. And it continued to do so even after I deleted the app. I had to restore my whole phone to get the battery properly working again.
    2011-01-03 05:05 AM
    Then do a restore and see if that fixes it and jb again.
    Also if this is happened before why would you ask the question?
    I am answering a question your getting upset at my response.
    Then you tell me you know the answer the whole time?????
    Why did you post the thread then?

Once again trying to help man not getting upset or anything just confused.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2011-01-03 at 05:10 AM.
    2011-01-03 05:07 AM
    What the hell are you talking about?? My battery was excellent, lasting 25 hours on a single charge. The problem came THE MOMENT I INSTALLED the cydia apps... Do you understand english?
    You shouldn't be rude at Westerman, he is trying to help you and he is giving all the possibilities that causes this issue.
    He is not obligated to help you if he doesn't want to, so please be polite to members who are helping you.
    It can be hardware issue, battery issue or even software issue. Your first step to find out is to restore your iphone and see if the same thing happen.
    If this still happens, then next thing will be replace battery.
    If the battery is still getting hot, then there is a short somewhere which causes the battery to heat up and drain fast.
    It could be a coincidence that when you installed Volume boost and at the same time a hardware failure occurs ( some components start to fail).
    2011-01-03 05:29 AM
    You shouldn't be rude at Westerman, he is trying to help you and he is giving all the possibilities that causes this issue.
    He is not obligated to help you if he doesn't want to, so please be polite to members who are helping you.
    It can be hardware issue, battery issue or even software issue. Your first step to find out is to restore your iphone and see if the same thing happen.
    If this still happens, then next thing will be replace battery.
    If the battery is still getting hot, then there is a short somewhere which causes the battery to heat up and drain fast.
    It could be a coincidence that when you installed Volume boost and at the same time a hardware failure occurs ( some components start to fail).
    youre a latecomer... if you were smarter and read through the thread, you'd come across the post where i conveyed my appreciation to westerman.

and as far as a coincidence is concerned, i hugely doubt it. coincidences are just that, coincidences, especially when dealing with electronics.
    2011-01-03 06:26 AM
    So did you try the restore to see if that fixes it? i am anxious to find out.
    2011-01-03 06:28 AM
    So did you try the restore to see if that fixes it? i am anxious to find out.
    hi, westerman. actually, i'm charging the phone right now through the charger. i rebooted the phone prior to this like 2 or 3 times. it seems to be charging normally. but its too early to tell if the phone is fixed. if it continues to act up, i'll most likely get the batt replaced. i'll definitley keep you posted. and thanks for your time and advice.. appreciate it!

2011-01-03 06:39 AM
    Okay just let me know
    2011-01-03 06:41 AM
    Okay just let me know
    Westerman, it appears that i was right. the culprit was the cable and adapter that gave me trouble in charging the phone/ i bought a new cable and adapter online. the phone itself charges without a prob. i charged it to full last nite with my comuter and with another cable. so, just letting you know... but i still want to thank you for your input.. i greatly appreciate it..

one last question.. my iphone 2G gives me 25 hours of batt life. i was thinking about buying the iphone 4, but i'm weary about possible battery issues. do you think that its got a better battery life than the iphone 2G?

2011-01-05 06:59 AM
    Umm i get about 12 hours of real heavy usage i havent had a 2g in for ever so i dont know it really depends on what you do on the phone.
    2011-01-05 07:00 AM
    Also if you are using it on ATT then some battery drain can come when you are in a bad 3G area. Because it will try to keep searching for 3G connection if you are not in it. That problem is not on the iPhone 2G because it does not do 3G connection.

If you are in a great 3G area then it won't be as bad.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2011-01-05 07:08 AM
    Umm i get about 12 hours of real heavy usage i havent had a 2g in for ever so i dont know it really depends on what you do on the phone.
    thanks dude.
    2011-01-05 05:00 PM
    Yup
    2011-01-05 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD