We see these hundreds of new phones on ebay every day and people buying them. Most of the sellers are not authorized to do so, which makes it a second hand private party sale.

Does apple do anything for these owners if they need support or a swap? I would think not. This is like spending nearly full price and not getting a warranty! Even at a small discount it just makes no sense.

Has anyone with a second hand phone ever gotten the same support from apple as the store purchasers?
    2007-09-29 08:40 AM
    i got my phone off ebay and got same warranty as anyone elsem it seems they tie your phone with AT&T account so they asked me my AT&t number first before anything else, but my iphone was repaired twice without any problems
    2007-09-29 09:52 AM
    If you buy something from ebay they should give you the apple receipt for it and then it still has warranty.
    2007-09-29 09:59 AM
    Apple Warranties are tied in to the serial number, not the purchaser. This goes for all products not just the iPhone.
    2007-09-29 06:00 PM
    Really?? I bought my iphone off ebay as well, and the seller did not send me the receipt of purchase. So your saying if there was anything wrong (hardware wise) I will still be ok for warranty.. as long as I present them my serial number that is located in my phone???

Thanks!
    2007-11-22 09:33 PM
    Dude warranty uses S#
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-11-23 05:32 AM
    nice topic
    2007-11-23 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD