User Tag List

We see these hundreds of new phones on ebay every day and people buying them. Most of the sellers are not authorized to do so, which makes it a second hand private party sale.

Does apple do anything for these owners if they need support or a swap? I would think not. This is like spending nearly full price and not getting a warranty! Even at a small discount it just makes no sense.

Has anyone with a second hand phone ever gotten the same support from apple as the store purchasers?
    2007-09-29 07:40 AM
    i got my phone off ebay and got same warranty as anyone elsem it seems they tie your phone with AT&T account so they asked me my AT&t number first before anything else, but my iphone was repaired twice without any problems
    2007-09-29 08:52 AM
    If you buy something from ebay they should give you the apple receipt for it and then it still has warranty.
    2007-09-29 08:59 AM
    Apple Warranties are tied in to the serial number, not the purchaser. This goes for all products not just the iPhone.
    2007-09-29 05:00 PM
    Really?? I bought my iphone off ebay as well, and the seller did not send me the receipt of purchase. So your saying if there was anything wrong (hardware wise) I will still be ok for warranty.. as long as I present them my serial number that is located in my phone???

Thanks!
    2007-11-22 08:33 PM
    Dude warranty uses S#
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-11-23 04:32 AM
    nice topic
    2007-11-23 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD