hey guys i was drunk last night and lost my iphone.. checked around where i was and all i found was the rubber case and head phones strange if i stole it i would keep everything. so i cancelled the phone. is there anyway this ******* will be able to use this phone or activate? if he does, i hope he updates to 1.1.1 and bricks the damn phone. i mean - how smart can he be? he didnt even keep the headphones!
    2007-09-29 02:26 PM
    Any chance of Apple or AT&T giving you a new phone for free? Or at a lower cost? Or just full price?
    2007-09-29 02:29 PM
    not a chance. i didnt ask yet, but they LOVE it when customers lose, break or have their phones stolen. Why? Because you're going to buy another one.
    2007-09-29 02:33 PM
    I would be scared what happens if u get a 1.1.1 from the store?
    2007-09-29 02:38 PM
    He didn't knew that not every headphones fit in the tiny iPhone hole ... ;-) Yet, I am sorry to her that, man... .
    2007-09-29 02:55 PM
    i think the kid who found it goes to my school because i was at a carnival and all the kids i was around go to my school so im gonna keep a look out. would the IP address change if they activate the phone? and where can i find a serial # on the phone? im trying to figure ways to identify it as my phone.
    2007-09-29 04:12 PM
    You can find the IMEI and Serial # on the back of the iphone. Hope that helps, and good luck on your quest.
    2007-09-29 07:39 PM
    Yea you should definetly find that phone soon cause the first thing he is gonna do is probably delete all your stuff off the phone and in doing so he might inadvertantly update.. so definetly just ask around cause usually thieves cant keep their mouths shut
    2007-09-29 07:47 PM
    You can find the IMEI and Serial # on the back of the iphone. Hope that helps, and good luck on your quest.
    that wont really help him since he doesn't have the phone.

maybe itunes has this info stored since it does display it when u plug it in.

was it unlocked? b/c if it wasn't maybe att would have a record of it.

good idea for every1 to get this info written down on paper for this type of event. (incase $#!+ event)
    2007-09-29 09:43 PM
    the IMEI is on the back of the iphone box that came with the phone,sory man i hope you find it or apple give you a new phone.
    2007-09-29 09:54 PM
    thanks for all the help guys. i know how kids in my school are, **** spreads quick. real quick. ill hear about it and im going back up to the carnival today. i got the serial # and IMEI written down in my wallet. and if i dont find it. I HOPE he updates to 1.1.1 and bricks the damn thing. i only wish i could see his face when the phone asks for a SIM and no SIMs are working.
    2007-09-29 10:50 PM
    make sure you file a police report that the item is lost/stolen. That way if its ever found you can get it back, or if you ever find the guy that took it you can take legal action. Also if you have good homeowners insurance, you can get you phone replaced (police report needed.)
    2007-09-29 11:41 PM
    I doubt he'll be that mad when it gets bricked... i mean.. it was "free" after all.

but that really sucks good luck
    2007-09-29 11:48 PM
    have you registered on http://someonestolemyiphone.com they do a free registry of lost / stolen iphones and they help you find it.

check them out
    2008-01-30 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD