I know there are other threads on this topic, but none of them seem to address my exact issue.

I am running an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 that I recently JB'd. Everything is working fine but Safari.

- It won't start, appears to be frozen
    - All icons are greyed out except the bookmark menu and the new window button. But, I can't press those
    - can't input anything in search or address bar
    - "+" button appears to be missing
    - it will quit if left open for about 10 seconds

- I have cleared history, cookies, cache
    - Done reset

- As far as I know I don't have Safari Download Manager installed. I didn't install it, and I don't see the icon for it that you see in some youtube videos.

Does anyone have ANY other suggestions to try?

Right now I am just running Atomic which works fine. I just don't like having a function completely broken on my iPhone, and I do like Safari for some things.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    2011-02-17 02:59 PM
    2011-02-17 03:22 PM
    What did you jailbreak with?
    Hi, latest Greenpois0n.

I haven't installed many packages yet. SBS Settings, Lockinfo, bite SMS. Same things I had when I was running 4.01 Jailbroken for the last year or so.

Adblocker is installed but I shut it off because I wasn't sure if it was reacting with Safari in any way.

If there is anything else I should be mentioning let me know. I don't know what info is needed.
    2011-02-17 03:45 PM
    It sounds like something you installed in cydia is the culprit. Was it working fine after you jailbroke but before you started installing stuff?
    2011-02-17 03:46 PM
    It sounds like something you installed in cydia is the culprit. Was it working fine after you jailbroke but before you started installing stuff?
    Ya it was. Is there a way I can ouput a list of what I installed with Cydia or display it on the phone somehow? I think I listed everything above, but maybe I was trying an app out and some point and forgot about it...
    2011-02-17 03:58 PM
    You can see what apps/tweaks you have installed under the manage tab in cydia.
    2011-02-17 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the help. I guess I will start with uninstalling Cydia apps to see what happens. I just hope I don't have to restore and Jailbreak again. I just got everything up and running great after being on 4.0.1 since it came out. I don't want to start all over lol.

I guess there is no way to just reinstall Safari on it's own?
    2011-02-17 04:39 PM
    2011-02-17 06:02 PM
    Hey, I need your help aswell... My iPod in version 4.3.3 and I jailbroke mine with redsn0w... PLEASE HELP!! im having the EXACT same problems as the ones described above! Plz reply quick! Thankyou
    2011-05-24 03:56 AM
    It's ad-blocker , turn it off or remove it and it should be fixed
    2011-05-24 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD