User Tag List

Hi!

Yesterday I got my white iphone 4 parts that I changed out of my black parts through a guide on youtube. Everything went well and put in place, I turn it on and everything worked. Five minutes later my cellphone rebooted and I did not think it was anything to worry about. After that it kept restart every minute. I thought it was wrong on the white parts, so I switched back to the black parts again but it continues even now. It works 5min until it gets "No Service" then goes off the screen and the phone is restarted.

There is also something odd about the battery meter, sometimes it can be 0% and sometimes 100% when it started again. And i cant even charge my battery. Nothing wrong with my battery, i tested it on my brothers phone, works fine.

I have tried everything. Took everything out and put it back in again, done a clean restore from itunes, etc.. Do not know what more I can do, so I turn to you.

Anyone know what to do or what the problem is?
    2011-02-19 09:40 AM
    I have not done this replacement, but I notice my phone restarts if I gently shake it. Is your restarting based on phone movement or something else? Is your phone jailbroken?
    2011-02-19 10:02 PM
    No, I had it on charge over night and I heard that it restarted all the time. Yes, it was jailbroken but the problem was still there when i did a restore.
    Last edited by qwertylol1; 2011-02-19 at 10:09 PM.
    2011-02-19 10:06 PM
    A lot of people do those hardware changes without the required equipment or without a little bit of knowledge, sometimes even knowing that, we don't do it. You are changing electronics parts, some of them you touch them without knowing that you can damage them with ESD (electrostatic discharge) coming from your own body, when you work with all kind of electronic components specially chips (eeproms) you need to protect them using an anti ESD equipment like a mat or ESD wristband so you can be grounded discharged of your own static, you can do that touching a frame or piece of conductive material grounded before you start to work on it. Maybe your own static affected something on your iPhone while you was doing the mod. Usually it happens internally and is impossible that you can see it. I even discharge myself when I put gas on my truck, touching the frame at the gas station, just to make sure that just a spark coming from my body can't cause a fire. Believe me or not it can happen.

ESD wristband - This is what you need when you do those kind of hardware mods.

This is an example of ESD damage to one trace inside of an EEPROM (chip), in this case maybe it can work but partially or almost to fail.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2011-02-20 at 09:11 AM.
    2011-02-20 07:58 AM
    I have come to the conclusion that it is the battery connector that is broken. Is it possible to fix without replacing the entire motherboard?
    2011-03-02 09:50 PM
    i have the exact problem!! so how to fix this rather than sending it to apple???
    2011-03-09 03:36 PM
    I still dont know, i cant use my iphone at the moment.
    2011-03-09 03:48 PM
    Fixed by Changing the battery with new one.
    2011-03-11 10:47 AM
    Nice, i just ordered a new battery. Just have to wait and see =)
    2011-03-11 04:56 PM
    good luck
    2011-03-11 06:48 PM
    Yes it seems the battery replacement resolves issues for many. I have seen quite a few where a simple battery replacement solves the problems.
    2011-03-11 09:07 PM
    i have the exact problem!! so how to fix this rather than sending it to apple???
    How did you get your problem?
    2011-03-12 06:52 PM
    Tried my new battery today, nothing solved. Damn shitphone..
    2011-04-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD