Hi
    I am wondering why you still can install sources like Xsellize on your iDevice, the whole site shouldnt exist anymore it illegal they should be put on a trial or something.
    2011-05-09 10:43 PM
    when you add sources hosting cracked apps it makes you fully aware of the type of packages the repo is offering by displaying a warning and giving you the choice to cancel, or add the repo anyway.

it's not up to saurik to regulate the repos. People are allowed to access whatever repo they want. sure it may be losing him and other devs money but its all up to the user to choose what they want to do with their device.
    I dislike crackerz as well. but really.... saurik has enough to deadl with im sure without constantly scouring the net for repos hosting cracked apps.

just my 2 cents.
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837
    2011-05-09 10:50 PM
    Yeah but i think nobody gives a **** about that warning, and its not up to saurik to delete the crackers domains its up to the internet police, i mean also torrent sites get removed from internet even limewire why not these pirates? I can see, that when xsellize uploads the cracked version of my theme that then the purchases decrease, it sucks!

Just my 2 cents ??? dont get it at all
    2011-05-09 10:58 PM
    Because Saurik believes in giving people a choice of what to do, unlike Apple
    60% of the time, it works every time.
    2011-05-10 12:37 AM
    I don't think saurik ever intended of piracy.
    2011-05-10 12:38 AM
    I think just like most of the devs. They wanted the freedom to do what they wanted to with "THERE DEVISE" but like everything else people saw the chance at making money and instead of us vs Dictator it became dev vs dev. it's terrible how people like Geo, Saurik and a bunch of others r treated, but that's our country U.S first then if there good we'll worry bout the others.Quick example I need help with something Jima helps me soon as he can, he's trying to learn photo shop he asks a question n he practically has to beg for help.Sorry for rambling but it's sad how things got divided I just wish it was us vs the one that's trying to limit us n causing this separation.
    2011-05-10 02:30 AM
    There's no point in blocking pirate repo's. If saurik did, that's all he'd be doing. Block one address, they'll use another, ad infinitum.
    2011-05-10 03:11 AM
    yeah and that would just spark a reason for crackers to make their own version of cydia..
    2011-05-10 03:19 AM
    There's no point in blocking pirate repo's. If saurik did, that's all he'd be doing. Block one address, they'll use another, ad infinitum.
    Exactly.

@Maxner
    And my 2 cents you've never heard that expression? If you don't want it themes cracked make dreamboard themes or something. Cracked versions of dreamboard can't use dreamstore
    2011-05-10 03:30 AM
    There's just no stopping them. If ( I ) can make it, the next guy will break it. There's only so much time you can spend playing cat-N-mouse.
    2011-05-10 03:41 AM
    I do think that saurik should flag more repos with the piracy warning tho' as sometimes they do contain legit files not found on other legit repos (Mobile Temrinal for iOS 4, the iBooks fix), and people innocently post those repo addresses on boards such as this.
    2011-05-10 03:45 AM
    yeah and that would just spark a reason for crackers to make their own version of cydia..
    Hahah, good one \
    2011-05-10 04:02 AM
    Where's there a will, there's a way. Pirates will find sources.
    It's not Jays job to police the community either. It's a moral decision we all make, we just hope you make the right one.
    2011-05-10 04:20 AM
    It's not Jays job to police the community either. It's a moral decision we all make, we just hope you make the right one.
    Yes the message is the most he should be expected to do, OP is right in that the sites should be shut down, but that really isn't saurik's job.
    2011-05-10 04:32 AM
    Honestly everyone looks down on pirates as thieves and scum but the same can be said for developers who sell you a $2 app that basically makes your iphone blink on and off. There are so many over-priced crap apps out; software, movies, etc.
    So who's really stealing?

It's all about the point of view; some pirates are not pirates at all and just want to test something out before they commit their hard earned cash.
    If everyone offered a trial or stopped making crap maybe pirating would be less of a issue.
    I'm sure the top devs who make quality proggies get plenty of donations from every sort.
    2011-05-10 05:40 AM
    Okay jailbreaking is what?????? Okay its gaining root access to the device making the phone more or less open source. Jay own a ( open source) application more or less. Jailbreak allows you to do things to your phone that apple doesnt want you to do such as tweaks,widgets,themes,and ect. Jay would be hypocritical if he started blocking sources. He would be no better than apple. The down side to all that is yes there will be piracy its going to happen no matter what. Piraters are some of the best developers and hackers but instead of doing good they do the bad. Which sucks. But like i said Cydia cant turn its back to any sources. The one thing i do think is great is that the stock sources are legitament sources and so that means there has to be a little work to get pirated apps and ect.
    2011-05-10 05:49 AM
    I agree about a trial I do it myself I test it in the other store n if I like it I'll buy it,I was hurt building the freedom tower, which is what I thought jailbreaking was about freedom to control our own device. But the reason y I test the apps first bcus if been out of work injured 4 over a year fighting workers comp. the same people I was digging for n rebuilding the towers n they took my benefits away and haven't got a dime since Feb 09, so my broke bhind
    can't just buy crappy apps I can't afford 2 make a mistake I'm lucky I have the phone! But we really gotta stop the piracy 4 sure with apps, n maybe figure out tweaks that come in a package so ur paying 4 more than one or something like that.GOTTA STOP TAKIN FOOD OUTTA PEOPLES MOUTHS! N A SOCK IN MINE (SORRY) got outta control!
    Last edited by HeavyD4; 2011-05-10 at 06:39 AM. Reason: curse sorry
    2011-05-10 06:23 AM
    I think that if he blocks it someone out there will make a dark version of cydia it would all be free but he cant really control that there will always be piracy nobody can stop it
    2011-05-10 06:32 AM
    This is a dumb question but how do hackers make money by making paid apps free?
    2011-05-10 06:41 AM
    This is a dumb question but how do hackers make money by making paid apps free?
    they dont
    2011-05-10 06:47 AM
62 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD