I recently bought a iPhone 3gs from Craigslist, I put into recovery mode and restore to new settings with 4.3.3 firmware. Ever since then I keep getting weird glitches like not being able to delete photos, apps crashing and sometimes the screen locks up so it's non responsive.

Also last night when I put the phone in recovery mode, while iTunes was downloading the 4.3.3 update, the phone was kicked out of recovery mode.

I have restored the phone now 3 times within the past 10 Hours. I was sleeping 7 out of those 10 Hours.

I have no idea if the phone was Jailbroken prior me buying it. It's under Apple Warranty to January of 2012.

My question is will Apple replace my phone if I'm unable to prove to them problems I'm having?
    2011-05-18 07:16 PM
    Take it to an apple store, never say the word jailbreak to them or that u bought it from someone

If they ask just say it's your moms or something and you need it to work

Tell them it won't install the newest firmware, they will try and end up finding the solution is to replace the phone no questions asked, PS SET AN APPOINTMENT BEFORE U GET THERE, and get there on time otherwise u will be waiting over 1 hour for them to even maybe get to u

Personal experience is why I stress that
    2011-05-18 07:24 PM
    One other option is to try a different computer, my computer does this on my iPhone 3GS but works fine on my moms laptop
    2011-05-18 07:27 PM
    I was able to update it to 4.3.3. But I'm still having the occasional glitch.

Will they replace it? If I can't prove any of the glitches.
    2011-05-18 07:36 PM
    Try calling them and find out man, it really all depends if the guy u talk to at the store feels sry for u
    2011-05-19 03:22 AM
    Ya sometimes I get a cool rep and other times they are total ****** bags.
    2011-05-19 06:50 AM
    Have you put the phone in DFU mode before restoring?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-05-19 09:18 AM
    Yup but I'm having so many issues with my phone. Like the sounds cut out every now and then.
    2011-05-19 10:29 PM
    Yup but I'm having so many issues with my phone. Like the sounds cut out every now and then.
    If it's under warranty and u make a fuss and tell them what's going on they will do it, fuss as in I really need this to work please help me
    2011-05-20 01:03 AM
    If you have done a DFU restore theu will never know. If the device is under warranty they will repair/replace it.
    Unless the BB has been updated to 06.15 of course.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-05-20 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD