so i just got my sim cutter today and wanted to try it out on an old sim card i had from ATT. Well i put it in just as the directions say and it cut into the metal part. I've been told do not cut into the metal but it looks like it always will if i use the cutter... attached are pics.. anyone have any advice??My sim cutter cuts into the metal on the sim card-photo-1.jpgMy sim cutter cuts into the metal on the sim card-photo-2.jpg
    2011-05-30 09:56 PM
    at a guess. You have a badly made cutter
    one that missed the checks

try and get a replacement?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2011-05-30 10:37 PM
    thats from the old sim card. with the newer sim cards it should be fine
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-05-30 10:44 PM
    Str4y said it. Newer SIM cards have a smaller chip contact area. With that said, even that one should work as the chip inside is much smaller and you can see from the first pic the three pins that are actually used.
    2011-05-31 12:13 AM
    Yeah, it should be fine. You can always get a new one tho if that one doesn't work.
    2011-05-31 04:19 AM
    I hear cutting into the metal a little bit should be ok. But hey if you get a new cutter that'd be good too.

/Moved to a more suitable forum section
    2011-05-31 09:57 AM
    ^Yup. Cutting a little bit of metal is also fine too.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-05-31 03:20 PM
    yeah your fine. if the gold part is touching the metal just file/sand that small part off.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"
    2011-06-01 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD