So, not knowing a beta software would void the warranty of my ViPhone, I attempted to install iOS5 and received error 9, after clicking ok, the phone went into DFU. I have been attempting to get the phone to reinstall the original iOS 4.2.8 and everytime I try iTunes 10.3 gives me "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the requested build". I was jailbroken a while back, but installed a fresh 4.2.7 over the jailbreak before upgrading to 4.2.8. Are there any steps I can take to try to get this phone going again?
    2011-06-09 06:15 AM
    How did you even install the beta if you're still using iTunes 10.3? If you had SHSH files saved on Cydia, you can just edit your iTunes host file to point to Cydia's servers. That will let you bypass Apple's checks and downgrade. I just did a quick google search for a guide, there's probably one on MMi, though.

Downgrade iPhone with SHSHs Stored on Cydia [Jailbreak Superguide] | Cult of Mac
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

2011-06-09 09:14 AM
    Install iTunes 10.5 and try. Put your iphone in DFU mode and try restoring the latest build.
    2011-06-09 06:01 PM
    How did you even install the beta if you're still using iTunes 10.3? If you had SHSH files saved on Cydia, you can just edit your iTunes host file to point to Cydia's servers. That will let you bypass Apple's checks and downgrade. I just did a quick google search for a guide, there's probably one on MMi, though.

Downgrade iPhone with SHSHs Stored on Cydia [Jailbreak Superguide] | Cult of Mac

10.5 was installed, I've uninstalled and reinstalled 10.3

Install iTunes 10.5 and try. Put your iphone in DFU mode and try restoring the latest build.
    When I try to install ios 5 with 10.5 get error 9 at the firmware restore. Still stuck in DFU

Now I'm getting The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device is not eligible for this build.
    Last edited by Wateroksnmud; 2011-06-09 at 09:25 PM.
    2011-06-09 09:10 PM
    Not eligible usually means you have a mismatched firmware for the device... ie... you're trying to load a GSM firmware on a CDMA phone.
    2011-06-09 09:37 PM
    if u are using umbrella, then thats the problem. update umbrella to the latest one and uncheck the cydia host option under the advanced section and hit apply changes. close out of that and itunes, restart itunes, and try restoring again. like DarkoNova said^
    2011-06-09 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD