Okay so my iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 charges when it wants to. If I plug it in, it'll always recognize that it's being charged but it will say it is fully charged (no matter what %). Then it will randomly start charging again. It also recognizes by my computer everytime. I can still transfer data but it just won't charge cuz it thinks it's fully charged. Ideas?

It's not the USB cord or laptop or wall charger. Trust me.

I've also restored numerous times without any luck. Same behavior.
    2011-06-13 06:10 AM
    How old is your phone? I know the 3GS can be sold refurbished...

How's the battery life? Does it hold a charge for the same amount of time? Does the charge percentage drop dramatically from one moment to the next?

Obviously it could be your battery is going bad. The 3GS is an old phone now, and batteries only last some 500-600 charges before their optimum charge is degraded significantly, sometimes sooner. Typically I wouldn't expect a phone battery to last two years worth of charging cycles.

I'm guessing it's no longer under warranty. I'd say it's time for you to finally upgrade!
    2011-06-13 08:09 AM
    I dont have to upgrade. I disassembled the phone and it appears to have solved my problem. There was a lot of dust and pocket lint in the phone so im assuming it was interfering with one of the contacts. Lets see what happens. Another theory i have is it could have a problem with the dock assembly. Could it be a faulty charging port or is it more likely its a faulty battery.

And the battery life really isnt bad. its at about 1100mah when its designed capacity is 1200mah. It shows some wear but its pretty good still.
    2011-06-13 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD