Hi all,

My phone is knackered so I'm off to the Apple Store tonight tonight to get it looked at at the Genius Bar. I'm jailbroken so obviously I need to restore. Now, how do I make sure there's no evidence left behind? I've manually uninstalled everything except Cydia (obviously) and iFile, and I'm using iFile to go through and delete anything left behind.

Is there anything else I can do to hide that it's been jailbroken?

Cheers
    2011-06-14 04:02 PM
    All you have to do is restore your iPhone with iTunes with the acutal firmware not a customized firmware (jailbreak). You don't have to delete or hide something manual, I'm sure they can figure it out.
    2011-06-17 08:24 AM
    All you have to do is restore your iPhone with iTunes with the acutal firmware not a customized firmware (jailbreak). You don't have to delete or hide something manual, I'm sure they can figure it out.
    A DFU restore to a stock firmware will wipe all obvious and many subtle traces of a jailbreak from a device. Afterwards, using an app like iWipe (in the App Store, not free) will start to mess with forensic-level searches, if you're that... well, paranoid.
    2011-06-17 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD