Hello, after jailbreaking and unlocking my 32 GB iPhone 3GS (4.01, 05.13.04, T-Mobile, Ultrasn0w) almost a year ago, I've noticed that my phone has begun to be a lot slower and apps crash very frequently. As I have learned from experience, I do not want to restore or update without the knowledge of knowing that I will be able to jailbreak/unlock my phone with ease, along with getting my phone working just the way it was. (Or hopefully better) I would like to restore/update my phone to hopefully solve the problem with my phone's performance but I don't know the current options for jailbreaking/unlocking. But to get to the point, I would just like to be informed of the current jailbreaks/unlocks that are available, opinions/advice, and the options that I have in my current situation. And possibly a little walkthrough on how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance!
    2011-06-18 03:34 AM
    To start off do you have a Windows computer or a Mac?
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-06-18 04:13 AM
    I have windows, 7 to be exact.
    2011-06-18 04:31 AM
    Alright go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download the latest version of sn0wbreeze. Go to felixbruns.de and download the iOS 4.3.3 firmware for the 3GS. Come back here when both of those things are downloaded for further more detailed instructions on what you would want to do to maintain the baseband.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-06-18 04:34 AM
    I could only find 4.3, not 4.3.3.

Nevermind, found it.
    2011-06-18 04:45 AM
    I downloaded what you said, and I'm ready for further instruction.
    2011-06-22 03:16 AM
    Ok open up sn0wbreeze and choose the 4.3.3 ipsw that you downloaded as well. Build the firmware and here you can choose if you want it activated or not. You want it activated it you do not have the official carrier's sim card. Once it is done building you will be confronted with the chance of putting the device into pwned dfu mode. Follow the instructions and you should have successfully placed it into pwned dfu mode. Afterwards open up iTunes. Click shift and then restore and choose the custom ipsw that you have just built. Afterwards you should be jailbroken, then make sure to uncheck 3G in network settings and finally install ultrasn0w
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-06-22 04:46 AM
    Do I need to have a certain version of iTunes? If this somehow does not work can I go back to where I was if I had my SHSH saved? What will happen to my contacts in my iPhone? What about preserving my baseband?
    2011-06-22 04:50 AM
    You will need the latest version of iTunes. You do not need shsh's saved as it is 4.3.3 The baseband will be preserved. As long as the contacts are saved on the sim card and/or you make a backup of the phone with iTunes they should stay fine.

You could also use a tool from cydia called Simanager which lets you store your contacts onto your sim card.
    Last edited by Stray; 2011-06-22 at 05:21 AM.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-06-22 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD