Beware of iOS 5b2 from back channels from sources such as The Pirate Bay, IDK if its ok to post that particular source as it is beyond well known and a link wasn't included. Anyhow my UDID is reg'd to a dev account but I generally need to get ipsw through back channels. I just d/l'd B2 this evening, I went through the normal setup proceadure, I was asked for email and iCloud passwords which has happened before.... All seemed well until a request for a password for "[email protected]" appeared! I have personally reset all of my passwords but it seems hackers are now dirtying ipsw files! I'm actually quite surprised as Apple's SHSH servers were able to sign this file... Just be careful, I kinda wish there was an official channel for us users whose UDID's are registered but don't have our own dev account!
    2011-06-26 05:15 AM
    Beware of iOS 5b2 from back channels from sources such as The Pirate Bay, IDK if its ok to post that particular source as it is beyond well known and a link wasn't included. Anyhow my UDID is reg'd to a dev account but I generally need to get ipsw through back channels. I just d/l'd B2 this evening, I went through the normal setup proceadure, I was asked for email and iCloud passwords which has happened before.... All seemed well until a request for a password for "[email protected]" appeared! I have personally reset all of my passwords but it seems hackers are now dirtying ipsw files! I'm actually quite surprised as Apple's SHSH servers were able to sign this file... Just be careful, I kinda wish there was an official channel for us users whose UDID's are registered but don't have our own dev account!
    Uhm, question, was this an App Store request for a password (for an Apple ID)? In other words, had you synced apps onto your device before or during this request? That e-mail address is usually indicative of apps from unsavory (e.g., not purchased yourself) places.

Also, you shouldn't be downloading IPSWs from anywhere other than Apple, and only developers can do that for a reason... just saying.

PS: Moved to a better forum.

PPS: Closed (reason).
    Last edited by Orby; 2011-06-26 at 05:40 AM.
    2011-06-26 05:37 AM
    Not closed orby.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-06-26 06:35 AM
    closed now
    2011-06-26 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD