.....No, I don't have a stolen phone. My 3GS was under water for about a second...I opened it up, let it air out, but all I have is a bright white screen. I tried to jazz it up and pass it through apple to get a new one for free, but when they noticed the 2 white/pink stickers were missing from the inside of the phone, I'm sure they knew what was up.

I went the honest route and bought a new one. But I was under the impression that since the phone can still ring when texts come in, and because I can hit the screen and dial numbers and whatnot...I could still get all the contacts, photos, etc off of it. The people at apple agreed.

...But, I guess they didn't realize it was password protected. I can't enter my password even though I've tried MANY times to do it exactly like I would if I could see the screen and numbers. The ITUNES message that pops up recognizes "Pete's iPhone" but says that it cannot connect because it is locked with a passcode. I've tried with apple for hours, but I guess when they have no monetary gains to be made, they don't get too creative with solutions.

Do you guys have any other suggestions? My best idea was buy a new screen...which might not fix the issue cuz it could also be the logic board...and from there, I don't even know if it would still have the information I want.

This information I have stored on that phone and ONLY on that phone (not synced to any computer previously) is very valuable so any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by SteezNasty; 2011-07-17 at 04:08 AM.
    2011-07-17 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD