User Tag List

my iphone 3g just started having the no network found problem, so today i dismantled it, and attempted to reflow the little wifi boxes. i'm not sure how good of a job i did, because that did nothing. then i put it in the freezer, which gave me wifi for about a few minutes, until it warmed up. so my question is, which part of the iphone does the freezer method effect, and can i replace it?
    2011-08-22 09:53 PM
    my iphone 3g just started having the no network found problem, so today i dismantled it, and attempted to reflow the little wifi boxes. i'm not sure how good of a job i did, because that did nothing. then i put it in the freezer, which gave me wifi for about a few minutes, until it warmed up. so my question is, which part of the iphone does the freezer method effect, and can i replace it?
    cold environment + warm cell phone = condensation (aka water). Water + electronics = trouble.

freezing doesnt really fix anything
    2011-08-22 10:24 PM
    Moisture can be removed after a few days by placing in a sealed plastic bag with about 2 cups of rice.
    2011-08-22 11:26 PM
    not the issue. i figured out that my wifi ribbon cable/board is wrecked. thanks anyway.
    2011-08-23 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD