I recently got the new iPhone 4 but it doesn't have my contacts and old text messages etc. I previously had the iPhone 3gs. When I upgraded my iphone 3gs to iphone 4 they gave me a new sim card but it was basically a replica of my old sim card (eg.same number).
    2011-09-02 02:14 PM
    Try, Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Import Sim Contacts.
    2011-09-02 02:22 PM
    new sim = no numbers in it..
    old sim that came from an iphone wont have any numbers as iphones dont store to sim.

sync with itunes is the best bet
    2011-09-02 04:32 PM
    SIManager (via Cydia) for adding contacts to sim.
    2011-09-02 04:43 PM
    Thanks guys, never had this problem.. I got a Mac and always sync mine
    2011-09-02 05:24 PM
    I just use MobileMe and make vCard backups of address book every so often as a second backup.
    2011-09-02 05:37 PM
    You can do with your itunes for it you have to put them on your itunes.iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone.
    In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
    Besides,there is a article about How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iTunes, which can help you transfer data from iPhone.
    Good Luck.
    Last edited by mimi11; 2011-09-05 at 12:04 PM.
    2011-09-03 08:46 AM
    You can do with your itunes for it you have to put them on your itunes.iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone.
    In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
    Besides,there is a article about How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iTunes, which can help you transfer data from iPhone.
    Good Luck.
    The iPhone can't actually read messages from the SIM card, you need to back it up to your machine and set the iPhone 4 up with the 3GS backup
    2011-10-07 04:51 PM
    Good Luck.
    I don't think there is a way you can send contacts from phone memory to the SIM card. But, the best was of doing this is syncing the iphone contacts with the windows contacts. And then you can export that to csv which most software will recognize.
    2011-11-19 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD