When I first turn on my laptop and connect my iPhone my laptop will not detect it After a while if I connect my iPhone iTunes will start sometimes, and sync other occasions I have to activate and sync manually. It is the latest version of iTunes and my iPhone is running the latest iOS ( iTunes says my device is up to date).

Other than this it all works well and no other issues at all
    2011-09-05 08:39 PM
    I see this frequently as well and believe it has something to do with my ...s..ll...ooo....wwwwww.... computer.
    2011-09-05 08:45 PM
    I did actually think that, my laptop is a bit old and I share it with my youngest teenage daughter who crams it with everything. But I'm loathed to replace it, it's a 3 year old toshiba sattilite and it's a tough old bus albeit now long in the tooth
    2011-09-05 09:00 PM
    Mine is 5 (or more) years old, updated w/more memory, larger and faster drive, Win 7 Pro, and as much tinkering around as I can. It still works good.

BTW: Starting over with a complete OS reload solves a lot of problems.
    2011-09-05 09:11 PM
    Think I'll try doing that tonight
    2011-09-05 09:30 PM
    Don't forget backups backups and more backups
    I thoroughly hate staring over because there's so much data and applications to restore and recover.
    2011-09-05 09:35 PM
    I honestly believe that the iTunes issue is properly due to old drivers and tons of photos music that the fruit of my loins has shoved on there

That along with her iTunes accounts that has sooooo many apps songs videos.

I've still got a lot of space on the drives, might well try updating the drivers with Microsoft site?
    2011-09-05 09:47 PM
    Sure. I always stay current with all Microsoft updates and most other app updates as well
    2011-09-05 09:50 PM
    As I type my laptop is updating it's drivers!
    21 updates oops !
    Also where I live nowadays is very rural, but adjacent to a business park the web access I use is a wireless one. You pay a small monthly fee and you get unlimited access to wifi if your in a hotspur which my house is ie business centre, or any other location in the UK. I hardly use 3G now at home. But possibly the wifi my be affected by weather ??
    2011-09-05 10:49 PM
    ....But possibly the wifi my be affected by weather ??
    The weather, microwave ovens, being too close or too far away (haha). j/k
    2011-09-05 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD