I am needing some help with figuring out this phone. I bought it from a buddy of mine it was water damaged, but dried out for days and i made sure everything worked and made calls before i bought it.

I charged it fully but when it died, it wouldnt turn on at all.

All I could get was "connect to itunes", and only when it was plugged in. So i took it to a guy to repair he did the whole alcohol on the board trick and replaced the battery.

It then worked fine for two weeks and now im having the same problem. it seems every time i allow the phone to completely drain it wont charge or turn on anymore.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    2011-09-07 05:12 PM
    Water damage causes unpredictable problems. The drying and alcohol methods may work, but only sometimes. Take it back in for repair. Maybe the 'next' problem is also simple to fix
    2011-09-07 06:05 PM
    Take it in to the Apple store? I thought they wont repair or replace water damaged units. And I didn't buy it there myself so I've got no receipt
    Last edited by harbridge; 2011-09-07 at 06:51 PM.
    2011-09-07 06:48 PM
    Take it in to the Apple store? I didn't buy it there myself so I've got no receipt
    Apple will not fix water damage.

I was suggesting the repair shop
    ...So i took it to a guy to repair he did the whole alcohol on the board trick and replaced the ...
    2011-09-07 06:53 PM
    Don't eat the yellow snow. --In response to "In need of advice."
    2011-09-07 06:55 PM
    Fair enough. i might as well try the alc solution again myself incase its just corroded or something. ive really got nothing to lose at this point lol. Thanks anyways

one more question, if i replaced the water damage indicators (stickers) over the screws, is there another way theyll be able to tell it was water?
    Last edited by harbridge; 2011-09-07 at 06:59 PM.
    2011-09-07 06:55 PM
    Water damage sucks. It may work for a while but it eventually causes swelling and corrosion of the circuit board and then the phone stops working. I'd advice flog it on eBay and recoup some cash!
    2011-09-08 09:23 AM
    haha! i like your style. are you suggesting i rip off some poor shmuck
    2011-09-08 11:05 PM
    That's not nice!...Part it out! Still pieces u could sell...
    2011-09-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD