Hi all,
    ok I'm still stuck with a white screen , just had the lcd replaced but still reboots back to white.
    I can start the phone normally to a white screen ,but need to turn off using home and lock buttons.
    Itunes will only connect (dfu) mode , it will finish a factory restore but reboots to white screen.
    Even snowbreeze will jailbreak the phone, but once again it reboots to white screen when finished.
    (the pineapple and all the txt showed on screen)
    Any suggestions please

iphone 3g
    2011-09-24 02:30 PM
    May be a logic board issue if a new LCD didnt fix it.
    2011-09-24 04:33 PM
    if it was a logic board issue would the battery icon show to stay its very low, I had the phone sitting on white screen all day to flatten battery. Noticed it turned off so when I started it up, the battery icon showed so i plugged it into laptop. The battery icon changed to the powering up battery ? Its like the phone is all still there just cant see
    2011-09-25 12:48 PM
    So it isn't white screen all the time then. That is odd.
    2011-09-25 03:25 PM
    When the battery charged for awhile, did it return to the white screen?
    2011-09-25 04:51 PM
    Yes it returned to white screen. All the logos that come up are crystal clear, it just keeps going back to white screen so I cant use phone.
    2011-09-26 06:09 AM
    I suggest you just take it and smash it with a hammer.
    Arthur "Goof"
    [email protected]

RIP Steve Jobs.
    2011-09-26 06:27 AM
    If you feel confident try taking the battery out of it for an hour. Then put the battery back in and see if you can restore it.
    2011-09-26 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD