Can someone please do a 1 on 1 chat with me to get this iphone (not even mine) out of this situation please ! I've spend 2 days literally on this and no use.
    2011-09-25 08:10 AM
    You'd be pleasantly surprised how helpful we all can be with multiple experts if you post the situation here
    2011-09-25 08:14 AM
    OK so i agree to help a frd to hack his iPhone 3gs 4.3.2 with the new baseband 5.16.02 i think, it was already jailbroken but i need to unlock it for T-mobile.

I read some stuff and began to try and update the baseband to 6.xxxx to be able to unlock it. I used redsnow to install the 4.2.1 fw with updated baseband. During the the first process of restoring the iphone from 4.3.2 to 4.2.1 in itunes before using redsnow, i ran into a couple errors (3914, 1600, 1015...) but i used iReb and TU to fix all of them.

After 8 hrs of endless frustration, i successfully installed the 4.2.1 fw with new baseband and also jailbroken and unlocked the phone.I left the phone ON over the night because it is tethered. So this morning i was about to return the phone to my frd, the phone wont turnon (it has 100% battery because i went to sleep, so i assume its not the battery) I went home again to try to boot tethered with redsnow but its just stuck at the White Screen

Please Help
    2011-09-25 08:25 AM
    Put your iphone into recovery mode and restore to stock 4.1 or custom firmware of 4.2.1 or higher. If you go with 4.1, you can jailbreak with Limera1n or redsn0w 0.9.6 b6.
    2011-09-25 08:51 AM
    When i tried to put it into recovery mode, the phone screen doesnt show up connect to itunes, it stays black. Itunes does say that it detects iphone in recovery mode. So I tried to restore with itunes using 4.1 fw anyway, but the screen turn on to fully white and then turn off when itunes gives me error 28 !. (I'm shaking like hell right now after found out that error 28 is related to hardware)

PLEASEEEEE help me to fix this, this is not even my iphone
    2011-09-25 09:02 AM
    Was your iPhone working prior to all these issues ?
    If it was working b4, then your only option is to remove the battery, leave it out for 10 mins , put it back and do your restore again
    2011-09-25 09:21 AM
    How do I remove the battery out ? i dont think i would have the "iphone take apart" tools around my house
    Last edited by harrydao; 2011-09-25 at 09:31 AM.
    2011-09-25 09:26 AM
    You can google or YouTube on how to remove the battery, you need special tools or let your battery drain out completely but it may take days
    2011-09-25 09:36 AM
    I really dont think voiding the warranty or even touching the inside of the phone is a good idea right now because like i said it is not mine. Is there ANY other options ? i am really scared right now
    2011-09-25 09:39 AM
    It could be hardware related, that includes the USB cable, iPhone connector or need to reset the NAND by removing battery. Try changing USB cord first to see if it helps
    2011-09-25 09:43 AM
    Tried all 3 cables now, all lead to error 28
    2011-09-25 10:25 AM
    Error 28 is indeed hardware.

Error 28
    Hardware error. Return your device to Apple if possible. The problem is a bad dock connector on the iPhone. Must change the connector.
    If you have tried almost everything, reset the logic board (leave uncharged for five days or remove battery for half an hour), then pwn and restore. If this doesn't work, the flash memory/hard drive of your device is damaged.

You could try letting the battery drain if you don't want to open it up. Then try restoring it again, but it could take a week or two for a fully charged battery to drain.

If it still doesn't work then as or says above it probably needs the dock connector to be replaced.
    2011-09-25 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD