Hello
    I was watching youtube videos about a tweak called Barrel and Barrel 2. Barrel 2 had loads more of effects compared to Barrel, but after doing some search i found that Barrel costs money, and Barrel 2 is completely free. How can that be? Everything about Barrel two seems to be better. I have no way of paying for anything on Cydia, so all of my apps are free ones, but i am strictly against piracy which restricts the amount of apps i can get. I don't want to pirate anything but i would love to have Barrel. I also learned the Barrel 2 is not from the most trusted repo so i'm very suspicious.
    2011-09-29 10:15 PM
    It sounds like this "Barrel 2" may just be a pirated version of Barrel.
    2011-09-29 11:23 PM
    Thanks for moving my post

And i would have thought so but it has way more effects. The only reason i wanted it was because it has all those effects. I'm asking Aaron Ash about it anyway.
    2011-09-30 12:12 AM
    Good idea. Let us know what he says about it if he responds.
    2011-09-30 12:14 AM
    He ignored me, just like every dev I email do
    2011-11-14 05:21 PM
    Hey,

Sorry to ignore your email, I'm way behind. It's a constant uphill battle (I'm several thousand emails behind).

"Barrel 2" is a pirated version of Barrel, with a separate .plist file that allows "easter egg" modes I included to be configurable from Settings. I was hoping to keep things fun by including some secrets, but this person decided to redistribute my tweak and promote pirating. For this reason I decided slowly phase out the "easter egg" modes over time. I don't believe there are any left that aren't in the official version. "Barrel 2" is now very outdated and might not even work on 5.x. I would not recommend using it at all because it's probably unstable, but also because you'd be pirating my software.

I hope to continue supporting Barrel and adding new modes over time.

If you need to contact me, twitter is probably the best way. I have notifications go to my iPhone and I try to keep up with them. Tweet @aaronash

Thanks!
    Aaron
    2012-01-29 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD