So, from what I recall, the last thing I installed was that helicopter game and that native screenshot hack.

Yesterday, I remember showing my iPhone to a friend. I showed him gpSPhone, iPhysics, iSnake and some other basic games. Also, I remember trying to use the Mobile Chat app, but it wasn't working. Then a few hours later, I get the iPhone out of my pocket, try to make a call, but it tells me it can't find the carrier's service. So then before going to bed, I browse the internet a little bit. This morning the battery is dead.

Could the battery drainage be a cause of the MobileChat's Insomnia and could this be related to the absence of phone service?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    2008-03-21 05:16 PM
    So, from what I recall, the last thing I installed was that helicopter game and that native screenshot hack.

Yesterday, I remember showing my iPhone to a friend. I showed him gpSPhone, iPhysics, iSnake and some other basic games. Also, I remember trying to use the Mobile Chat app, but it wasn't working. Then a few hours later, I get the iPhone out of my pocket, try to make a call, but it tells me it can't find the carrier's service. So then before going to bed, I browse the internet a little bit. This morning the battery is dead.

Could the battery drainage be a cause of the MobileChat's Insomnia and could this be related to the absence of phone service?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Probably due to all the apps you ran that day. Happens to the best of us.
    2008-03-21 06:01 PM
    ya more than likely, and I'm sure that insomnia definitely added to that. My battery life was much better inbetween the times where my phone was not jailbroken and I had no games to play. LOL
    2008-03-21 06:05 PM
    Okay, but why is my iPhone still without service?
    2008-03-21 07:09 PM
    Try turning it completely off and on..sometimes that helps for the No Service thing.
    2008-03-21 07:22 PM
    Tried that a few times, doesn't work.

I really don't want to restore..
    2008-03-21 07:31 PM
    Wait, do you get a "network lost" pop-up? that happened to me, (really annoying) it turned out that my phone changed settings for some reason all I had to do was go to:

settings--carrier--- and make sure that the automatic option is clicked then reboot
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button
    2008-03-21 10:58 PM
    That was it. Thanks!
    2008-03-21 11:15 PM
    Glad to help !
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button
    2008-03-21 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD