Hi guys,

I'm sure a similar question has been asked in here (or in another section, so forgive me) but what cool things or benefits will I see compared to a normal 'unjailbroken' iPhone 4S? Because I heard it slows the phone, makes it kinda hackable, and makes the battery drain faster.. like I need that!

any thoughts?

iSari
    2012-01-26 04:17 PM
    It all depends on what it's worth to you. As a comparison, you don't buy a car just because your friends have one, instead you buy one to have transportation to get back and forth to work and/or school.

Is there functionality you would like but cannot have unless you jailbreak? For me the answer is yes, and that is to use MyWi.
    2012-01-26 05:48 PM
    Hi there.

You couldn't be more wrong in that description there

Actually the benefits are that you can customize your phone whichever way you like (you can do things to the interface that Apple does not let you do), and if you are careful and do your research, the phone runs without issues (especially the 4s has been a LOT smoother jailbreak wise than my 4 at least for me), and the phone is NOT hackable (unless you use SSH which you really don't need to, and if you do you need to change the default password).

As for the battery, I have seen quite a bit of difference in mine for the better, because I can now turn off 3G through SBSettings, which greatly conserves battery life.

Hope this helps.

I would definitely recommend doing some reading and some research on how things are done, and WHY and all that before you decide to jailbreak.
    2012-01-26 06:05 PM
    thanks for your answers guys!
    2012-01-28 07:45 PM
    Wouldn't hurt to try it. Just jailbreak it, explore Cydia, and if you don't find anything of benefit then restore your phone to factory settings and never do it again.

I have yet to run into anybody who doesn't care for a jb iPhone after trying it. Unless they don't explore Cydia and don't try anything new on it...then that's their issue lol.
    2012-01-28 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD