I am trying to erase my iphone so that i can sell it. I have a 3g running 3.x OS.

I went to Settings > General > Reset. The problem is that I do NOT have the "Erase all Contents and Settings" option at all for some reason. The only options under Reset is "Reset Network Settings; Reset Keyboard Dictionary; Reset Home Screen Layout; Reset Location Warnings"

What can I do?
    2012-05-06 12:32 AM
    You shouldnt really use that setting anyway. It could leave you in boot loop. You should just restore it in itunes. You have a few options of how to do this depending on if the phone is unlocked and if you want to keep it that way.
    2012-05-06 12:35 AM
    Will restoring it cause the firmware and software to update? I dont want to do that plus I want to leave it jailbroken. Im scared to do anything on itunes because of its unpredictable nature and I know apple will try everything they can to update my device.
    2012-05-06 12:35 AM
    If you want to stay on 3.1.3 firmware just download that firmware and shift/option restore to that in itunes. You dont have to update with a iPhone 3G. Then you can just rejailbreak with redsnow 0.9.4 (you have to point redsnow to a 3.1.2 firmware for it to work).
    2012-05-06 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD