Here's the scenario...

I have unlimited data on my line.My wife's line (a dumb phone) is eligible for an upgrade. I plan on giving her my 4s to use on her line. Can I get the i5 upgrade on her line,add her a 2Gb data plan then use the i5 on my line and the 4s on her line while keeping the unlimited data on my line?
    2012-09-14 11:27 PM
    Here's the scenario...

I have unlimited data on my line.My wife's line (a dumb phone) is eligible for an upgrade. I plan on giving her my 4s to use on her line. Can I get the i5 upgrade on her line,add her a 2Gb data plan then use the i5 on my line and the 4s on her line while keeping the unlimited data on my line?
    Which carrier?

If done correctly I see no problem. I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy(still had a year left) to a 4S using the upgrade on my second line in July and kept my unlimited data. Ask your carrier to be sure it'll work. I am on Verizon and they actually helped me juggle lines so I could keep my data, very cool of them.

I do know that I'll have to buy my future iPhone outright to keep my data though, at that point it will be an unlocked Apple unit.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 2012-09-15 at 10:22 AM.
    2012-09-15 10:13 AM
    If you've been paying for a data plan then they should grandfather you in. Has never been a problem on my family plan for AT&T.
    2012-09-18 09:16 PM
    You'll need a nano sim too. Just be sure they'll keep you grandfathered in if changing to a nano sim given LTE will be faster and likely consume more data!
    2012-09-18 11:42 PM
    With AT&T you will not loose unlimited data by upgrading.
    2012-09-19 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD