I've attempted searching for this information and I'm getting confused as there are like several different answers to my questions.

I currently have a 1.1.4 un-jailbroken iPhone with the official iPhone carrier in the UK o2. I forgot what firmware version it was when I bought it but I can tell you that its a week 43 iPhone.

The only thing i want to do is Jailbreak using ZiPhone using the button that says for "legal" customer of the iPhones carriers as that is what I am.

My questions are as follows:

1. If I need to send my iPhone back to Apple under its warranty after I have jailbroken it, how can i return it to its pre-jailbroken state so that Apple will not know that I have jailbroken ever and how easy is this to do?

2. Is it likely that I will encounter any problems with the iPhone after jailbreaking it? If I cannnot keep the full funconality of my iPhone that I already have I do not wish to jailbreak it.

3. Say if Apple release an firmware update tommorow, will I be able to restore my iPhone to a pre-jailbroken state and update with no problems?

4. Is there anything else I need to be aware of before jailbreaking my iPhone?

Thanks for any help with these questions.
    2008-03-23 02:23 PM
    1 connect to itunes and pres restore thats it your iphone is the same as ou bought it
    2 i think yes you will
    3 yes you will too
    4 i think no
    2008-03-23 02:34 PM
    1 connect to itunes and pres restore thats it your iphone is the same as ou bought it
    2 i think yes you will
    3 yes you will too
    4 i think no
    Are you sure about the answer to number one?

And in regards to number two is that you saying yes you think i will encounter some problems?
    2008-03-23 03:03 PM
    Don't jailbreak it if you're so concerned about the warranty, or jailbreak and take some responsibility for your actions and stop pansying around
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-03-23 03:11 PM
    If anything goes wrong, just put your phone into recovery mode and restore. You shouldnt have any problems with your phone as long as you are just jailbreaking, and even if you do, just restore. If there is a new firmware update, just click restore and restore to the newest version.
    2008-03-23 03:15 PM
    Don't jailbreak it if you're so concerned about the warranty, or jailbreak and take some responsibility for your actions and stop pansying around
    Why bother replying? Its people like you that let down a community/forum when newcomers like me turn up and are unsure.
    2008-03-23 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD